It's official, I hate the mini pcc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi-TownTx

Apr 2, 2011
Naperville, IL
First off this isn't a flame but more of a rant on this one particular product. I love the Bloog batts, carto's, juice flavors and think the company is doing a great job overall. However after 3 months with this thing, i can honestly say the Mini PCC is perhaps the worst pcc I have ever owned.

Bit of history is that i have been vaping for almost 2 yrs. Being a gadget kind of guy i have owned many different vaping devices along with PCC's. The 901, 510, Ego, Screwdriver, Bloog Mini and god willing when they are back in stock the Darwin. I only list this so no one thinks i am flaming Bloog just as an example of my experience with different devices thus far. Anyway, on to the nitty gritty.

The Mini PCC looks great and has some very cool features. That being said from day 1 of receiving the device i knew at some point it would turn into my nightmare. This is mainly because despite how cool it looks, it is very cheaply made. I have owned allot of different PCC's and this is the only one in which i knew if i were to ever drop it then it would be game over (for the record never have).

My first (and very minor) complaint would be the rubber backing. I like it, am glad it's there but also am tired of it peeling off in my pocket. Little black rubber pieces all over the place each day lol. However oddly enough this doesn't really bother me. In all honesty when it comes to a product i purchase i don't care what it looks like at all. I just want it to work. And there lies the problem.

For the first month the Mini PCC worked like a champ. No issues, charged everything fine ect. However it wasn't long before my fears of the device started to come true. Now getting a battery to charge within the device is a 5 minute long effort of getting the device to read that a battery is in there. I know all the tricks, the prongs getting stuck down, taking the battery out of the device, gently cleaning the prongs/batt and have even come up with some of my own. Example being at times it helps to cram a piece of wadded paper at the light up end of the battery so that adequate force is applied to the prongs so that it doesn't lose the connection. Yes that's right, at random times when your lucky enough to get it to charge it will randomly stop and you must repeat the process all over again.

I like Bloog. I think the company is heading on the right track and offers a great product. However after owning various PCC's and some that are built like a mack truck (metal 510 is a great example) I can't help but to feel like Bloog is cutting corners with this device. As stated above i know it looks cool but being made out of such shoddy material I can't help but to ask myself "Why?". Bloog offers a better mini ecig than the rest and prides themselves on the superior carto's and batts they offer. The price tag is abit higher than others but i have always believed you get what you pay for. This holds true for Bloog in everything that i have tried except for their Mini PCC. It's just that bad.

Side Note: I am sure if i called and raised holy hell i might be able to get another. Or i could just order one but that's not the point of this post. Especially since I wouldn't want another if they continue to be this inferior made. The point is Bloog listens from what I can tell so hopefully they will have a better version in the future. ~Thx

Last edited:

Chi-TownTx

Apr 2, 2011
Naperville, IL
Yes i can tell because the cost of the device wasn't the point of this post at all lol. Just the overall quality of it vs others that are out there in my opinion. The others i have owned still work fine. One has been used everyday for a year (perhaps a fluke though it is metal) and was 19.99. The point is i think Bloog offers a great product but lacks in this one area when compared to the competition that's out there. Constructive criticism.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Have you tried their standard PCC? I own a V4L PCC which looks exactly like the Bloog standard PCC to me. I agree the Mini PCC does not look like it would last oh so long but with the style and fancy LED I only take it with me when I wear a suit and go to a nice dinner and for bar nights when I get drunk and don't know what I am doing I take my V4L PCC.

prometheus

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Pittsburgh PA
Chi, just you wait. I've been working on an improved PCC design which will address all of your complaints.

I have been having many of the same issues. It has nothing to do with carrying it around since I don't and my issues started about a month in too. If they are going to sell the current mini PCC kit I think they should throw a usb charger in with it until the new one comes out. As it is I have to order a charger since the PCC seems to not want to detect anything anymore and I need my bloog. Just glad I have any old ecig around to use from the last company I tried lol. Can't wait to Bloog again!

So Leaford any ETA on the new mini PCC design yet?

honkytonkmn

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2011
Thompson, Oh
Chi, just you wait. I've been working on an improved PCC design which will address all of your complaints.

Leaford, what's your ETA on this?

I too have had issues with my PCC. One time I went to put a battery in it, I wasn't paying perfect attention and didn't get the battery perfectly straight and it bent the middle contact. This is my fault I know, but it shouldn't be that easy to do. So I bent the contact back best I could and it continued to work, but I had to be careful that it was getting a good contact and the battery was charging.

As it was even before I bent the contact it would seem like I had to constantly check to make sure it just didn't stop charging the battery for some unknown reason.

Now just yesterday the PCC stopped charging. If I plug it in it gets power and will charge the battery, but if I unplug it it doesn't have any charge at all. I've taken the battery out many times to reset it, same thing.

I need to buy a new one, but I'm afraid the new one won't last either and I don't want to have to purchase one every 2 months.

Louie the Rat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Stroudsburg PA.
I too have had a lot of problems with the mini pcc. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. It always appears to be working but often does not charge the batt properly. Lately it never seems to fully charge the battery. I've only had it about 2 + months. What i would like to see is a pcc with enough extra room to carry 3 batteries and 3 to 4 carts. maybe something that would look like an old time cigarette case. (In fact I've been looking for one) Leather and gold colored perhaps something that looks classy and carries enough equipment to get through a whole day. May be even one with out a charging capability, just a nice looking sturdy case with some room.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
How about something like this:
(sorry, couldn't resist)
m602xpcc.jpg

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
Pretty sure Bloog wants to stay away from the cigarette look. I remember Leaford mentioning this on a few occasions. If I recall right this was one of the reasons the ash cap was changed.

Sort of.
Look&feel is important to some people as it's part of "the experience" and can be an important part of the addiction.
Main benefit of the new ash cap was to allow a better visibility of the light by the vaper itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread