It's Contest time again, Wednesday 7/31/13 9:00PM - 9:10PM EST!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WNY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
NY USA
www.electronic-ash.com
It's Contest time again, Wednesday 7/31/13 starting between 9:00PM - 9:10PM EST!!

We are doing another contest Wednesday evening (7/31/13), starting at between 9:00PM and 9:10PM eastern time. We are giving away a 60ml bottle of 36mg unflavored e-liquid (VG or PG based), a a 10-pack of SLB 3.0 ohm cartomizers for the Joye 510/EGO, a 30ml bottle of Boge Menthol e-liquid, and a DSE901 Starter Set (2 white auto batts, 5 assorted strength carts, one atomizer, one 901 to 510 adapter and a A/C charger). We will use the same contest format we have used before, where I will open a new official contest thread. This time, winning posts as numbered by ECF will be posts #2, #10, #20, and #30 in the official thread which will be titled "Contest starts now! (official thread)". I hope you all participate if possible and I wish you all luck! We will be running a new scheduled contest in the near future. See rules below. Good luck!

Prize list:

Post #2 - 60ml bottle of 36mg unflavored e-liquid (VG or PG based)
Post #10 - 10-pack of SLB 3.0 ohm cartomizers for the 510/EGO)
Post #20 - 30ML bottle Boge Menthol e-liquid (choice of 18, 26 or 36mg strength)
Post #30 - DSE901 Starter kit (2 white auto batts, 5 assorted strength carts, one atomizer, A/C/USB charger, one 901 to 510 adapter)

Rules:

This contest is open to all ECF members. The contest rules are simple:

1.) Must be at least 18 years of age to enter.

2.) Although you can post as often as you wish, a forum member can only win one prize (their first winning submission). Subsequent winning submissions will not be honored and will be rewarded to the next post.

3.) Official results will be posted at the conclusion of the contest in a new thread called "Official Contest Results!". Winners must send a PM to user name WNY with shipping information for their prize. Please check the Official Results thread to confirm you won before sending a PM. Failure to provide this information within 48 hours of the official results being posted will result in forfeiture of prize.

4.) Must be US resident. (no international shipping)

5.) Prizes will be awarded exactly as indicated above, no substitutions.

6.) Prizes will be awarded only to the winner and are not transferable

7.) Winners of previous Electronic Ash contests are eligible to participate and win.

8.) Have fun!

The format of this contest will probably be familiar to many of you who have previously participated in one of our contests. On Wednesday evening 7/31/13 at between 9:00PM and 9:10PM EST, I will post a NEW thread opening the contest. In this NEW thread the prizes will be awarded to people who post in this thread, specifically, post #'s 2, #10, #20, and #30. The posts will be counted as numbered by ECF as viewed as ascending where the first post is numbered as #1. Posts must be posted in the thread announcing the start of the contest. This thread will be titled "Contest starts now! (official thread)". Each winner receives the above prize mentioned. REMEMBER. THIS CONTEST WILL BEGIN IN A BRAND NEW THREAD TITLED "CONTEST STARTS NOW (OFFICIAL THREAD).

Last edited:

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
I got gypted. this was WAY too confusing. 2 threads.......both of which say that that contests starts in them. Real nice!!

(Both yesterdays announce thread AND the apparent "announce thread" tonight (the one that says the contest was there) clearly state that the contest began at 9pm. The thread tonight even counted it down to 9pm. YET........the "official" thread wasn't even posted until 9:05pm and after SOME of us already gave up on refreshing pages.)

Is anything going to be done about this or is it just what it is?

Last edited:

chigal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2012
chicago
I got gypted. this was WAY too confusing. 2 threads.......both of which say that that contests starts in them. Real nice!!

I'm sorry you feel that way. :( This is the first time I actually got to play and I looked at the past contests which all had its separate thread to know that something was wrong. Taras seems to do this every month so you'll get another chance if it makes you feel better.

WNY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
NY USA
www.electronic-ash.com

(Both yesterdays announce thread AND the apparent "announce thread" tonight (the one that says the contest was there) clearly state that the contest began at 9pm. The thread tonight even counted it down to 9pm. YET........the "official" thread wasn't even posted until 9:05pm and after SOME of us already gave up on refreshing pages.)

Is anything going to be done about this or is it just what it is?

Contest started within the time stated;

"It's Contest time again, Wednesday 7/31/13 starting between 9:00PM - 9:10PM EST!!"

Also, it states what thread the contest will be held:

" REMEMBER. THIS CONTEST WILL BEGIN IN A BRAND NEW THREAD TITLED "CONTEST STARTS NOW (OFFICIAL THREAD). "

WNY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
NY USA
www.electronic-ash.com
I apologize if there was any confusion about our contest. Every month in the contest announcement thread, we post the rules for the contest we run including the official window of the start time (usually between 9:00 and 9:10PM and also, the specific title of the contest thread that is started (Contest starts now (official thread). I would welcome input and ask people to thoroughly read the contest rules in the official announcement thread, and let me know if there is anything I can add to clarify the rules. Aslo, I would like opinions on if a 5 minute start window would be preferable to a 10 minute start window. I realize 10 minutes of page refreshing can be monotonous. I look forward to your input.

Taras

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Taras.......

No big deal. You see how quickly I was over it. I quickly showed my Congrats to the "official winners" and said thanks to you. Like I said......."it is what it is".

But you had already announced the contest for 9pm the day before.............and then started ANOTHER thread, the day OF the contest, titled "The Contest Starts HERE in an Hour" (and kept changing the time to reflect the time drawing near). One was only to assume that you meant it started THERE in "an hour"......."30 minutes"......."15 minutes". It just seemed to ME (and a lot of others) that THAT was the contest thread and that we were participating..........only to find out we were all duped. We were competing in a race to see who looked like the bigger fool.

Now we know better. Its cool.

WNY

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
NY USA
www.electronic-ash.com
Taras.......

No big deal. You see how quickly I was over it. I quickly showed my Congrats to the "official winners" and said thanks to you. Like I said......."it is what it is".

But you had already announced the contest for 9pm the day before.............and then started ANOTHER thread, the day OF the contest, titled "The Contest Starts HERE in an Hour" (and kept changing the time to reflect the time drawing near). One was only to assume that you meant it started THERE in "an hour"......."30 minutes"......."15 minutes". It just seemed to ME (and a lot of others) that THAT was the contest thread and that we were participating..........only to find out we were all duped. We were competing in a race to see who looked like the bigger fool.

Now we know better. Its cool.

By "here", I meant in the electronic ash forum, and I mistakenly thought the contest rules clarified how it worked. Honestly in well over a year of doing these monthly contests, this is the first time the contest rules have proved confusing, however I appreciate the comments and will figure out someway to clarify things in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread