It's Alive! ALLLIIIIVVVEEE!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokebilee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Queens, NY
I decided to do some major cleaning for a couple of my atomizers that was not performing well after 2-3 months of usage.

First step is to put them into a cup of vodka (Cheap Georgi Vodka) and let it sit for an hour. After an hour, I would give a stir to rinse and remove smaller particles, and then I would let it sit until the water in the other pot starts to boil.

Second step is to put them into boiling hot water for about 30 minutes and then I would stir and rinse it again. The boiling hot water helps to remove some of the solids that had formed from liquid.

The third step is to first let them air-dry before performing dry-burning on them. Once they are dry, strap the dried atomizer onto the Reo, press & hold the button until it starts to glow orange (usually 3-5 seconds and no more than 5 seconds!). You should see smoke coming up from the burning, this smoke is from the gunk that was not taken out from the previous steps. Continue to dry burn until you see almost no smoke but only the orange glow of the coil and remember to blow at the coil after each dry burn.

Finally, the last step is to rinse/stir the atomizer in hot water again to remove the gunk particles. Dry the atomizer and do a single dry burn of 5 seconds and no more. Then prime the atomizer with 5 drops of your favorite delicious liquid, let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then drop another 2 drops before you take the first puff.

I did this for one of my favorite yet old atomizer and it came back to life, performing like a champ and punching my throat like old times.

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
I was jumping for joy today. I had one atty that would not work since I got it.
I almost threw it away several times, but decided to hold on to it for the last 2 months. Today, I decided to mess with it and if I broke it it didn't really matter.
So I got my fingernail under the bottom post and wiggled that thing until I thought I was going to pull it completely out, put in on a battery, and BAM! It works! New atty!

I rinse my attys out under hot water when they drop in performance. Blow them out and dry burn until the coil glows. Instant like new performing attys in less than 5 minutes.

2 months ago, I would have been scared to death to try any of the above on my stuff. Ive come a long way........ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread