Itaste VTR Beauty Ring & LED Screen Question/Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

moleculo

Oct 4, 2013
Atlanta
UPDATE : After messing around with it, I have resolved the issue with the beauty ring. Both tanks work with the beauty ring in place. However the screen issue still exists.

Greetings forum,

I used the Steam mod, which is a mod manufactured locally here in Georgia, similar in function to the Provari, but for $80 the build quality obviously wasn't the same. It worked fantastically for nearly two years, but today it died on me, and I went down to my local shop and picked up an [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif]Itaste VTR.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif]-1st Question: After some tinkering, I realized that the cosmetic beauty ring (metal circular ring that hides the tank-tank adapter connection) prevents my tanks from making contact with the mod. I just like to use the adapter instead of placing the tanks into the tank well just for preference reasons. Anyway, Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, any solutions other than messing with it to get a tighter fit?

Both tanks work when screwed to the mod without the adapter, and both tanks work with the cosmetic beauty ring REMOVED from the adapter. If this issue persists/I can't figure it out, I'll just head back to the shop and have them take a look at it.

-2nd Question: Has anyone's VTR screen had an issue in which one of the LED "zones" lights up poorly/doesn't light up? It seems as though the bottom-most LED line on the 2nd screen digit space does not light up correctly. See Picture Below. That is supposed to read "A2.1" on the VTR's screen. I will likely go into the shop tomorrow to ask about it. I imagine that there isn't an "at-home/DIY" fix for the screen. It isn't technically "broken", but as someone with a self-diagnosed mild case of OCD, it disturbs me...lol
[/FONT] 20140729_195845.jpg [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif][/FONT]

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
UPDATE : After messing around with it, I have resolved the issue with the beauty ring. Both tanks work with the beauty ring in place. However the screen issue still exists.

Greetings forum,

I used the Steam mod, which is a mod manufactured locally here in Georgia, similar in function to the Provari, but for $80 the build quality obviously wasn't the same. It worked fantastically for nearly two years, but today it died on me, and I went down to my local shop and picked up an [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif]Itaste VTR.[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif]-1st Question: After some tinkering, I realized that the cosmetic beauty ring (metal circular ring that hides the tank-tank adapter connection) prevents my tanks from making contact with the mod. I just like to use the adapter instead of placing the tanks into the tank well just for preference reasons. Anyway, Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, any solutions other than messing with it to get a tighter fit?

Both tanks work when screwed to the mod without the adapter, and both tanks work with the cosmetic beauty ring REMOVED from the adapter. If this issue persists/I can't figure it out, I'll just head back to the shop and have them take a look at it.

-2nd Question: Has anyone's VTR screen had an issue in which one of the LED "zones" lights up poorly/doesn't light up? It seems as though the bottom-most LED line on the 2nd screen digit space does not light up correctly. See Picture Below. That is supposed to read "A2.1" on the VTR's screen. I will likely go into the shop tomorrow to ask about it. I imagine that there isn't an "at-home/DIY" fix for the screen. It isn't technically "broken", but as someone with a self-diagnosed mild case of OCD, it disturbs me...lol
[/FONT] View attachment 360523 [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, san-serif][/FONT]

Just unboxed mine yesterday after waiting 2 weeks for shipment from china. Sure enough it has a burned out/non functional bottom LED bar on second digit of display; don't know if I can handle the wait to ship it back for repair/replacement!

Attachments

• vtr bottom bar second digit not lighting up.jpg
    vtr bottom bar second digit not lighting up.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread