Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
LOL! SC can't read spanish in post #15

No, actually the problem is just reading in general.

He doesn't have the Phd. I got on line for $189.95 plus shipping and handling. And I was just saying on another Forum that all I had to do was pay the additional shipping and handling charges and they sent me a Masters Degree in Calligraphy and a B.S. Degree in Fine Arts. I had a choice of that or a B.S. Degree in Yodeling but I took the Calligraphy one.

I'm one smart guy.

TT

bwood12043

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2008
East Texas
TexasT, I live out on Lake Palestine, and we got rain too, 1.75", and lot's of lightening, some wind, but no serious damage, sure did need the rain and need more. The lake is really low and we have beach in front of our retaining wall, where there is normally 3' feet of water.

But it's not as bad here as some places in the state. Some of my family lives in Odessa, our hometown and they have not had rain since September, really bad out there.

What little town had the damage? I didn't get to listen to local news this morning.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
No, actually the problem is just reading in general.

He doesn't have the Phd. I got on line for $189.95 plus shipping and handling. And I was just saying on another Forum that all I had to do was pay the additional shipping and handling charges and they sent me a Masters Degree in Calligraphy and a B.S. Degree in Fine Arts. I had a choice of that or a B.S. Degree in Yodeling but I took the Calligraphy one.

I'm one smart guy.

TT

You got a BS degree alright. :)

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
TexasT, I live out on Lake Palestine, and we got rain too, 1.75", and lot's of lightening, some wind, but no serious damage, sure did need the rain and need more. The lake is really low and we have beach in front of our retaining wall, where there is normally 3' feet of water.

But it's not as bad here as some places in the state. Some of my family lives in Odessa, our hometown and they have not had rain since September, really bad out there.

What little town had the damage? I didn't get to listen to local news this morning.

Timpson, Texas near Nacogdoches got smacked pretty hard with high winds and they had several homes and trailers with trees on them. We got a bit over four inches of rain over this way and it had some pretty big hail in it and almost constant lightening.

We were over eleven inches behind our average rainfall and I have ponds on my land that have never been dried up, but have almost been beaches here recently. All the local lakes have suffered.

But yes, as bad as its been here its been worse in West Texas.

TT

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
I never did make it to town to check out the storm damage. The reason I didn't was because there were trees down the length of our road. So I came back and got my tractor and went out and started pulling them out of the roadway.

There was one place where the trees were stacked way up on each other across the road and it sure looked like a small tornado came through there and piled them up. While I was working on that pile the County boys had come in from the other direction getting trees out of the road so with their help we got it done pretty fast.

Came back to the house and showered then it was nap time.

Naps are a lot more fun than dragging downed trees.

TT

It turns out I was right about the small tornado ,,,

SHELBY COUNTY, TX (KLTV) - The National Weather Service has confirmed that two EF0 tornadoes touched down in East Texas during Tuesday's storms.

Both EFO tornadoes touched down in Shelby County.

The first one touched down at around northeast of Timpson, near FM 947, around 3:55 pm. The tornado traveled four miles, snapping several trees and branches as it moved southwest and crossed Hwy 59 before lifting southwest of Timpson. It had maximum winds between 70-75 mph.

My wife and I were out on the porch watching for tornados during the storm and at one point a real high wind sent us running for our safe place in the house. Apparently that wind was from one of the tornados and it was the one that knocked down and stacked all the trees across the road near our house.

But this was just a tiny tornado. No comparison to the ones they have on up in the Great Plains.

TT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread