It couldn't be this easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbranch

Aug 16, 2010
Seattle, WA
My initial thought when I saw a friend of mine vaping away in my living room at a get together was "What is this guy doing smoking in my house? I can't even smoke in my house!" Since my smelling has sucked since I started smoking about 14 years ago I didn't catch the lack of smell right off. I saw the LED light and just stared for a bit.

After an explanation, I was sure that this trendy little device was something that he would throw in a drawer in a few weeks. Living in Seattle, WA I have seen more than my fair share of trendy devices.

I was tooling around on the internet and couldn't get the E-Cig out of my mind and decided to check them out. Of course everyone who was a long term vaper said they were great, because if they thought they sucked they wouldn't be posting on e-cig forums. I was pretty sure I was about to throw away $100 bucks but I settled on the VAPOR KING-Ultimate Ultimatum Automatic Kit from Vapor4Life and it came with a box of 5 cartomizers. I picked Menthol because that is what I smoke.

I got the delivery about a week ago. I have not smoked an "analog" since. The menthols were great, but the random carts that the guys at V4L threw in is what really hooked me.

I love to smoke. I love the break it gives me, and the social aspects of it. I have grown to dislike the taste of smokies over the years. The Menthols were just as smooth as the Marlboro Smooths that I usually smoke, but I found that the variety available is what is going to keep me vaping until the FDA or someone else eff's it all up.

To anyone who is worried about it being a trendy less than perfect replacement I can only say this:

I would rather use a PV with the worst flavor cart than smoke another analog. Ever.

It has been a week and I have since ordered about 70 carts, blanks, and accessories from V4L. Those guys throw in some extra carts on all the orders I have made so far, and that alone has made me a repeat customer.

I figure that the price of cigs in Seattle (about $7.70) means that I will have a monetary overtake in about a month or two. Even if vaping cost the same I would be hooked.

I've used the manual and automatic models of the Vapor King, and I just ordered some juices from another site (vaporbomb.com) and hope to develop some extensive reviews of the different flavors and batteries I've tried.

Todd

Welcome to vaping and congrats. I smoked for 40 years and had my last analog on July 15th - the minute my battery was charged. I have also bought more stuff than I will probably ever need, but I always go overboard when I find a new hobbie or interest. My biggest spending right now is on flavors. I thought I would only want tobacco, but I am hooked on juices. I have 67 flavors right now and a couple of orders haven't come in yet! I would much rather be broke from vaping than dead from smoking!!!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Welcome to ECF, Todd.

Amazing, isn't it? I tried every quitting method out there, except Chantix, which scares me. And it was always like walking over a bed of nails.

And yeah, it really is that easy with e-cigs. I quit the first day, and have smoked one cigarette since.

Not everyone has it quite that easy, but almost everyone agrees it's the easiest way they've ever tried.

It's been a month and a half and I still can't believe it.

Congrats on quitting, and welcome again.

Motorpsychle

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Eatonville, WA

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
Hey Todd - Couldn't believe it - your post could have easily been mine - I went with V4L after a lot of research here and elsewhere and I couldn't be happier - I'm puffin' away on my passthru as I type this!! I have several autos and several "New" XL manuals and everything I received originally and ordered since is Kickin .... -(Blank "cool cartos" are the best!!) - HOWEVER.....the post that mentioned all the cool toys and how it's easy to start collecting (flavors, mods, etc) is right on the mark - you'll read posts from folks that list all of the PVs they now own (and they're prob still looking) - it's another addiction but one I definately like! - I went w/liquids almost right away - couple 30ml (1oz.) bottles from V4L that were pretty good but I discovered TastyVapor.us on the forums & will for sure stick with them for a while - Check out their site - in Oakland CA and Geoff was formerly a chef - they mix everything from scratch when you order and they have a system for creating huge quantities of liquid that I haven't seen anywhere else - 5 ounces of the flavor that you like @ 9.6mg/ml of nicotine...that works out to $6 per 1oz. bottle - read the FAQ at his site for an explanation of this - presently looking at the mods at altsmoke.com and vaporkings.com and am getting close to my first - BTW, you can watch video reviews of every name you come across on youtube - it's a great resource but you'll go blind watching them all.....anyway, welcome fellow Washintonian! Dave
My initial thought when I saw a friend of mine vaping away in my living room at a get together was "What is this guy doing smoking in my house? I can't even smoke in my house!" Since my smelling has sucked since I started smoking about 14 years ago I didn't catch the lack of smell right off. I saw the LED light and just stared for a bit.

After an explanation, I was sure that this trendy little device was something that he would throw in a drawer in a few weeks. Living in Seattle, WA I have seen more than my fair share of trendy devices.

I was tooling around on the internet and couldn't get the E-Cig out of my mind and decided to check them out. Of course everyone who was a long term vaper said they were great, because if they thought they sucked they wouldn't be posting on e-cig forums. I was pretty sure I was about to throw away $100 bucks but I settled on the VAPOR KING-Ultimate Ultimatum Automatic Kit from Vapor4Life and it came with a box of 5 cartomizers. I picked Menthol because that is what I smoke.

I got the delivery about a week ago. I have not smoked an "analog" since. The menthols were great, but the random carts that the guys at V4L threw in is what really hooked me.

I love to smoke. I love the break it gives me, and the social aspects of it. I have grown to dislike the taste of smokies over the years. The Menthols were just as smooth as the Marlboro Smooths that I usually smoke, but I found that the variety available is what is going to keep me vaping until the FDA or someone else eff's it all up.

To anyone who is worried about it being a trendy less than perfect replacement I can only say this:

I would rather use a PV with the worst flavor cart than smoke another analog. Ever.

It has been a week and I have since ordered about 70 carts, blanks, and accessories from V4L. Those guys throw in some extra carts on all the orders I have made so far, and that alone has made me a repeat customer.

I figure that the price of cigs in Seattle (about $7.70) means that I will have a monetary overtake in about a month or two. Even if vaping cost the same I would be hooked.

I've used the manual and automatic models of the Vapor King, and I just ordered some juices from another site (vaporbomb.com) and hope to develop some extensive reviews of the different flavors and batteries I've tried.

Todd

Rolondo

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Seattle
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: duplicate post

Digimon2k

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
www.deejstuff.com
Seriously you guys, I'm in Everett, What's up Neighbors!!!!

Todd I just started vaping today and I'm regretting not getting any flavors I've been looking around all the sites trying to pick some good ones. I think I'm gonna go overboard. Oh Hell I know I am...lol

be one with the overboardness. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread