Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Does anyone think this will be a winner? Not sure why they didn't put tc in it

istick 100W Box mod
eleaf is stepping up its game with the release of the iStick 100 watt box mod. It is now up for presale through SmogDistro for just $34.99. If you enjoyed the original iStick devices, or if you are just looking for a higher-power box mod, you should definitely check this newest incarnation out.

Eleaf products have been great thus far, and they have received a lot of praise from the vape community. With the high praise that the other versions of the iStick got, the 100 watt version will probably face the same reaction.

The only thing that could keep the iStick from making the waves it should is that Eleaf is also producing a 40 watt temperature control device. Despite the 100 watt not sporting temperature control capabilities, it has enough power to satiate the majority of the vape community.

The Eleaf iStick 100W is a dual 18650 device, and it runs from 5-100W. It is made entirely from aerospace-grade aluminum, making it incredibly lightweight like the other versions of the iStick. All-in-all, the iStick line is great, and the 100W is much of the same.

If you are in need of a new high-end box mod, you should place your order for the iStick 100W. At the low price of only $34.on.

Read more: Eleaf iStick 100W $34.99 | Vaping Cheap
It will only be useful for people vaping RBA's (Drippers). Tank vapors will not benefit off this device. Tank Vapors will benefit off the 40 TC mod. I bought It immediately since the evolv dna 40's cost 4 times the cost and probably work the same. Eleaf is gonna take out the Sigeli mods! And they can be charged In a car now w/ the usb charger on a double battery device. Its a home run IMO. Both devices.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Well, I've pre-ordered one from FT. I like replaceable batteries and long battery life. Right now I'm vaping at 8.8w. It's the battery life (and the fact that it won't become a paperweight because of battery death) that has my attention. I'm just an old-style tootle-puffer.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
Well, I've pre-ordered one from FT. I like replaceable batteries and long battery life. Right now I'm vaping at 8.8w. It's the battery life (and the fact that it won't become a paperweight because of battery death) that has my attention. I'm just an old-style tootle-puffer.

Definitely not a bad price for a 100W device! I'd buy it for the same reasons - long battery life and replaceable batteries.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I have to say I am enjoying mine. The sleeve quite downs the noisy button. You cannot see the seem really in person, my flash is highlighting it big time.

Uwell Crown is a perfect match @ 90 watts, I am happy for the money I have in it for a spare beater mod. Mod was from Sweet Vapes @ $35 and sleeve from Ebay @ $10 (though if you want the sleeve cheaper and don't mind waiting they have knock off sleeves for $2 at Slowttech). :)

CASE.jpg

Reactions: 52anddone

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I've never gone past 13 myself either but I like the removable dual 18650 and the small/light design.

It's not small - I guess it's light but it's a huge frame for not having TC or much of any other bell or whistle.

I made a joke about this mod when it came out, but since having one I don't hardly even use my SXmini M-Class or anything else. I love this thing...so far.

Really? I was given one gratis and I think it's a useless addition to the lineup. If it were smaller maybe but it's fairly big for that feature set and two 18650s. Also this overly tall and trim box setup is annoying in the tipping over department without having an easy holder option. -Mags

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Yes. For real. Slightly shorter and less wide as my Sig 150 TC (which I only use in regular mode and at about 100 watts). For the price of a damned chuff top, I don't see how it can be beat. The power feels the same as others at the same output and the battery door will not come off accidentally. Aside from that little button rattle, it's great. Hell, I like the button rattle--it reminds me of how many duckets were saved.

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
why would you want internal batteries to begin with? As I've always said the battery goes, you've got yourself a expensive paper weight. Better to have external batteries, the way to go IMHO :)

You can get istick50W for ~$30 online, they are cheap and disposable.
Or you can get 4 batteries for $40 and a charger for another $25-30, so that's $65 spent and you even have a mod yet

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Has anyone taken it apart to see if the batts are actually ran in parallel or is that just the alignment of the batts. Wouldn't a boost converter be less efficient than a buck for a 100 watt device?

Efficiency aside... like another parallel dual I have, the i100 will boot and fire with a single cell.
Barring some sneaky series wiring scheme that would allow that, I don't need to take it apart. :D

You can get istick50W for ~$30 online, they are cheap and disposable.
Or you can get 4 batteries for $40 and a charger for another $25-30, so that's $65 spent and you even have a mod yet

Your battery pricing is just "too damn high". Stop buying Efest. :p

Up to around $35-$40 I'm okay with fixed batts. I've got 6 iSticks and even the 6 month old i50 is still plugging away (though one i30 did get dementia... it's "autofire" unsafe now).
But for higher priced mods, I prefer the replaceables. It really is that "now it's a doorstop" issue.
Come to think of it... the eVic VT is the priciest fixed cell that comes to mind. Or maybe some of the Innokin boxes.
The market speaks, methinks.

Reactions: AtmizrOpin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread