Status
Not open for further replies.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I have 2 of these. The first one I got has a smooth ramp up to heat the coil. The second one seems to give a burst of power immediately to the coil before tc kicks in. So much so, that it almost gives a slight burnt taste on first hit. Tried same tanks and settings. Do others of you find this happening on any of your istick 100w tc's? I have numerous tc mods, and this is the only one that seems to be doing this. Tried factory SS setting as well as different tcr settings.

HD

Hammy75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
Mine was doing this on the stock NI200 setting and seemed like the resistance was jumping up a bit even when locked. It would go from .16 to .19 then back down a while later. I don't think the lock was working. I tried it in the custom TCR setting at 600 and the resistance stayed at .16 but was still tasting a bit dry/burnt.

I did the upgrade to 1.10 this morning and the stock setting is working great so far and the resistance is staying at .16 while locked. I wasn't going to do the update as I never come close to 100W but I believe it fixes some issues as well as bumps the wattage.

If you havent already give that a shot. It takes no time at all. I don't have any SS so can't help you there. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread