Is VG Better For Dehydration Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
I'm having major dehydration issues. I currently use 80/20 & 70/30 PG/VG mixes. I seem to recall reading that PG contributes to dehydration and therefore a higher or even pure VG mix is better for this problem. Is this true?

PS - If anyone posts that I should just drink more water I will find out where you live and come over to your house and kick your dog. I'm drinking GOBS of water and getting my electrolytes.

Last edited:

lucky_x16

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Glasford, Il
I agree, Drink More water.
I live in Glasford, Illinois, and my dog is protected with an agreement with Smith & Wesson, and his owner collects knifes as well.
Okay, now seriously, I have found that when I am vaping my higher VG blends I get less of the dehydrated throat, than I even come close to when I am doing 50/50 or 40PG/60VG.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Is this just an "oral thing" for you - as in a dry mouth problem? Any input from a Dentist? Because this tends to be a bigger problem for people with a pre-existing problem with dry mouth. If you have dry mouth you may have to drink more water than the rest of us. And I don't have a dog - so neener.

I don't know if VG is less hygroscopic than PG, but I doubt it since it produces more vapor. Some of the technical 411 can be found here. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/177551-pg-vg-peg.html

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
Just a quick follow-up - After over two months of vaping 100% VG I can say for sure that my dehydration issues are gone, baby, gone. I'm even vaping a helluva lot more than I did previously and having no problemo whatsoever.

I would highly recommend anyone having dehydration issues to consider trying higher/pure VG.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
I do 100VG so I havent noticed any dehydration....
but this is what PG will do to you.....

mummy7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread