Is this true?

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
Western NC
I'm reading all of this shaking my head.
(Sorta off topic here)
My Mom quit cigs and 2 years later dementia set in. You see, Nic is a positive cognitive drug. Did Her stopping smoking trigger Her dementia? A total unknown.
I'm suspecting it could have slowed Her issues and maybe lived longer and in a better cognitive state.
That said, I'll never give up Nic...I don't care how I ingest it (gum/patch/ vape/ certain veggies).

It seems conclusive that Cig Co's (with some exceptions) add chemicals to their tobacco to add to Nic's addictiveness. I still smoke and am trying to go over to vape. I refuse to smoke tobacco with these added chems in them. The added chems are also cancer triggers. Marlboro is one of the worst.
Vape has none of this excepting some flavors which might add dangers.

Then theres the whole ''virus'' discussion.. It was noted that covid was less troublesome in smokers.
Is it due to the Nic and are vapers also aided? Since ''anti tobacco'' advocates don't want that research done,,we'll likely be left in the dark.
Not to get all political here but Trump touted Ivermectin... then Biden had it nixed and near impossible to get. I order it out of India since it cannot be prescribed by my Holistic Doc. This stops cancers, covid and a list of other maladies.. bur since the damned Drug Co' make so much $$$'s on drugs and cancers, we are left on our own to figure these things out.

So I probably went a little off topic here... but feel justified in doing so.
Why? Ya just cant trust the reporting or misleading research out there.
And as always...."Follow The Money!"

Reactions: DavidOck

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I was in a hospital a while back and I couldn't smoke, which wasn't a problem since I didn't smoke anymore, but I couldn't vape either. I remember the first or second day when we had a group outside and the thought briefly flashed thru my mind that it would be nice to have a few tokes off my mod. For the next two weeks or so, I had no more 'vape thoughts' and I didn't have any nic fits at all. There was a lady there who got a nic patch on her arm every night, and all day she mumbled about wanting a cigarette.

Reactions: smacuser

dog man

Oct 4, 2023
    Western NC
    Most smokers are not technically addicted to Nic. It takes years and a LOT of cigs to get to an addicted stage. It's more of a mental thing with most smokers.
    So... going over to Vape, the main reasons for Vape's successes are..
    (a) hand to mouth action...
    (b) vape emulating the appearance of smoke..
    (c) flavors and nic levels that are adjustable.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    And the suits just can't seem to get that nicotine doesn't harm people, but smoke and TAR do. Nicotine can be harmful, it's the dosage that makes a poison. If I take a few swigs of the 100mg/ml in my fridge, I'll barf and probably have a headache. OTOH, if I take 7 or 8 aspirins at once..

I only swig it on the weekends. ;)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I only swig it on the weekends. ;)
    first%20five%20days[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread