Is this an authentic Sony VTC4 battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackK

Dec 3, 2015
Denmark
Hi there

I just bought an extra Sony VTC4 battery for my Kangertech subox from a danish supplier.
But i am a little worried that this i fake version. I have another one that i am pretty sure is real.

When i contacted the supplier and asked them about it, they said that they ONLY sell genuine batteries, but i guess they have to say that, right? ;)

I know that there is a lot of threads about this, but time goes and things are changing.
I will be very pleased if you guys would give me your thoughts on this. I gotta send it back before it bursts into flames. :blink:

So.. Do you think this is a fake Sony VTC4 battery?

Dx4qNDZ.jpg

Best regards
blacK

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just to make sure i understand you correct. You think that some of the fake batteries are good enough?
But it is a dangerous bet, am i right? :yawn:
No, I believe what he meant is the counterfeiters are pretty good at making the battery look like a real Sony. Who knows what "cell" is actually inside under the wrapper? Could be a Samsung25R, or could be a cheap Trustfire ICR cell. An ICR cell would be dangerous.

The below pics were taken about a year ago, and with careful comparison you can tell the difference. Nowadays, it could be much tougher to tell.

How To Spot a Fake SonyVTC5

Reactions: EJAB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread