Is there a work around or fix for the Z-Atty high / tall positive post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
Ok so i have had my Z-Atty pro for about a month now and i am finally getting the hang of it w the Provari in regards to best gauge and wraps..

I am really getting into the whole micro coil thing. My 2 mechs i have micro coiled and i am experimenting with trying to do a micro coil ( or at least close to a micro coil ) on my Z-Atty. Even if i cant do a micro coil on the ZAP i would like to get the coils pretty close.

With the provari having its power limits and the ZAP having a tall positive post, I am finding it rather hard to do.

If i attempt a micro/semi-micro coil, Since the positive post is so tall, the lead coming from the last coil has to travel a long distance up to the top of the screw.

I dont have a problem at all doing this on my AGA or RSST or any others, Just with the provari. If that positive post wasnt so tall and the end of the coil didnt have to travel so far up the positive post to hit the screw, Then i would have no issues.

Is there a workaround? or a fix/tweak/mod for the ZAPs positive post? In regards to making it shorter? or something?

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of the tall positive post and did it bother you?

I am looking for ideas on something i could do to make the travel to the top, no so far.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread