Is there a problem with how I'm cleaning my Brass Nemesis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only use my Nemesis in 18490 mode, so I never really took the 650 tube or the beauty ring out of the bag (they are pretty much in the same condition as they were sent to me).

So I've had my Brass Nemesis for about a month and a half, and finally decided to clean it. I did some research and found that people either use Brasso, Mother's Billet, Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish, or Nevr-Dull. I decided to go with Nevr-Dull since I found pretty convincing Youtube videos. So I bought it and I polished my Nemesis the way I saw the Youtubers polishing their metals.

However, as clean as my Nemesis looks now, it seems to have some sort of white coat over it compared the factory condition 650 tube. Here is a picture:

https://mail-attachment.googleuserc...380239344528&sads=5bj8QwG1QFfwrGHohoi__-YyZVI

Does anyone have any idea what I did wrong? Maybe I should use a different product, use a different method, etc?

Thanks!
John

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Well Mother's stuff is for hardened metals used on car rims and such, Nevr-Dull I've never seen work, on any metal, and why Aluminum Polish?? You have a brass mod, Brasso is made for brass, it puts a protective layer over it so it'll shine longer. Your mod isn't made from Naval Brass, so it's going to need to be clean more often.

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Isn't Brasso abrasive? The one time I used it I found it caused a bunch of swirl marks.. ruined the mirror finish I like.
GI's have been using it for years, me too, my insignia always had a mirror finish, you just have to be careful of what kind of cloth you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread