Is the Hammer mod supposed to work in "long" mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I just got a Hammer clone and don't care for it in the L configuration. I was hoping I could swap the position of the top cap and firing button so the top cap was at the end of the battery tube, but it's not firing that way. I think the issue is the button assembly isn't long enough to reach the copper inside body. Is this typical or is it just the clone I have? Is there an easy work around to make it work the way I want it to?

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
You need a spacer to run it in reverse assembly. Many things can be used, ranging from a simple battery fuse, to magnet spacers, to even two stacked pennies. Just make damn sure if you're using something improvised like magnets or two stacked pennies, that you are also using o-rings or something to insulate the outside circumference of them from causing an auto-fire by sliding and making contact with the sides. Most spacers from hybrid kits also work.

If you do a search for Hammer clone, there is a very long but informative thread.

Outside of my main-squeeze Reos, a Hammer with an Origen on top is still the only other mech I use. Everything else is just another tube with some random engraving on it boasting great voltage drop numbers for cloud chasers IMO. With a little tweeking, the Hammer is highly modular, and the form factor can't be beat. Nothing is easier to set down and pick back up without a worry, not even my Reos.

Plus, it doesn't look like a dildo. :D

Cheers

Last edited:

rucni

ECF Veteran
caged i love my hammer but had the same issues trying to run it with my 650 batteries. what i did was get a non conductive washer of some sort, i used a filed down faucet adapter from my kitchen sink, to insulate the sides then get something thats a good conductor like a brass female spade connector and trim it to hit snuggly in the non conductive washer. now make sure you are getting good contact between the firing pin and spade connector and that its not firing when the button isnt being pushed.

thats how my hammer hsa been tweaked, i also replaced the center pin spring with a spring from a car cell phone charger and i dont see much voltage drop. maybe 0.2v but its nothing compared to the 1.5volt drop it had when i first got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread