Is the e-cigarette bad for health ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
A study of air quality in a vape shop came back with no significant concentrations of formaldehyde or other toxins. All chemicals measured were below occupational exposure limits. [CDC]
vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking, and likely much more. [PHE]
Vaping is by far the most effective method of smoking cessation. [NEJM]

Don't get hung up on looking for absolute safety because it doesn't exist. Everything carries risk. The practical goal should be harm reduction.

ttww

Aug 22, 2019
A study of air quality in a vape shop came back with no significant concentrations of formaldehyde or other toxins. All chemicals measured were below occupational exposure limits. [CDC]
Vaping is at least 95% safer than smoking, and likely much more. [PHE]
Vaping is by far the most effective method of smoking cessation. [NEJM]

Don't get hung up on looking for absolute safety because it doesn't exist. Everything carries risk. The practical goal should be harm reduction.
thanks man . so it is good transition for me . I may be able to total quit smoking at the end . so happy

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Welcome! A few questions: How many cigs do you smoke a day? (this very important to figure out how strong of nicotine you will need in your e-liquid) Do you want "juice" that tastes like a real cigarette (no such thing but some are close) or just want to enjoy other flavors (there are so many)? Are you "techno" oriented or just want a very small simple device that is super easy to use? What is your budget (good, moderate, or almost broke like me)? My first tip is seek advice here. Many good people, lots of good advice, and good support. Nothing against local vape shops, but sometimes they give bad advice (many new people come here for that reason) Good luck and don't be surprised if you get lots of greeting, support and great advice!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
hi,

I have been smoking for 10 years and am think to quit smoking regular cigarette , for health reason of course . somebody suggests me the e-cigarette and saying there is 100% safe for health , but I am not sure .
Where could I find the detail information about the e-cigarette ?

Thanks

Even the most vocal opponents admit that it's significantly better for us than smoking, but "100% safe" is (as previously stated by numerous other members) a somewhat unattainable goal (while still alive, at least).

Vape confidently (and educate yourself as much as possible).

ECF is a great place for that (education), so welcome to the forum.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
About as safe as Dihydrogen Monoxide (which kills millions every year and does a lot of environmental damage).
Just not as necessary...
Two scientists went to a restaurant for lunch.
The first one asked the waiter for H2O.
The second one asked the waiter for H2O too.
The second one died.

Reactions: Georgia Boy

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread