Status
Not open for further replies.

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
One of the reason why i love cartos is because i can chain vape them and they wont get scorching hot like when i use attys . Is it normal for attys to get scorching hot ? All my atty new or old i vape for a min or two and the body of the atty gets hot enough to burn me if i touch it . Im not even talking LR attys .Even 3ohm attys at 3.7v do this . Im thinking this is not me and every atty does this since it has been everytime i use one . I keep them wet but not flooded as well and it happens on every device (Reo,Provari,ego,etc) . Is there a type of atty where the body doesnt get scorching hot to the touch ? Iv been using 510 attys and drip or bottomfeed only . Maybe a 306?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
In my experience they all get pretty warm. With a carto there's a lot more separation between the coil and the body, so less heat transfer there. A 306 may not get as hot to the touch since the drip tip slides down all the way over the atty and insulates it a little bit, but they'll still get quite warm. You could also use a drip shield if you're concerned about touching a hot atty, I pretty much always use one when I drip and haven't noticed them get more than a little warm to the touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread