Is first class the new priority shipping method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
I was going to post this in the order status thread because we were having some convo in there regarding shipping methods but I didn't want to clog the thread.

It has been mentioned numerous times that it seems as though first class ends up being faster then priority mail. I am beginning to believe this is the case, although there is exceptions I guess.

Here is some experience I have had recently.

1: I ordered a decent size order of juice from KBV about two weeks ago. Shipped out via first class, got it in two days.

2: Large order of juice from KBV shipped out this past Monday, had to be in the am too via priority. Still showing that last status update being the 6th that it was processed through the Springfield, MO facility. Expected delivery the 8th. I don't think it is going to make it today unless the tracking is extremely off.

3: I ordered a 306DCA from good sense which is out of California. It shipped Tuesday via first class. Will be delivered today..... WTF(not the juice :D)

4: Priority mail exception: Ordered a Provari, which is out of Washington state, shipped Priority Monday, had it yesterday.

Missouri and PA is less then half the distance from PA to CA or WA for any geographically challenged(not aimed towards the members, hoping the usps is reading this thread right now and gets me my dam juice, that is all)

I am curious to hear some of other member's experiences. It wouldn't be so bad if usps didn't have my dam gooey better cake.

/ok rant off....... for now

WolfMemnoch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
Florida
I did a similar test towards the beginning of the year while ordering from Madvapes in NC. I typically received MV shipments first class within 3 days. One time I did priority and it took the same amount of time to get here. The only difference was 2 hours cut off of when they posted tracking and it never missed a tracking update.

From KBV in MO, I've always done First Class. Back when the sorter in their area (Hazelwood) was a bit clogged, I'd see it in maybe 4-5 days. Same amount of time something coming from NY would take. Then when it got better 3 days. With my most recent order it took 2 days to get down here, which is shocking. That package also hit our Miami sorting facility instead of the Opa Locka one, so methinks the Miami one has more oomph.

The NE seems to be a hangup area anytime I order from somewhere up there. Esp when it has to go through Jersey and the PA sorter. Everything from the west seems to be flying here a day earlier. Priority doesn't seem worth it anymore. It used to be back when it was MUCH cheaper.

Bah, GR, I told ya last time, you need some big band for it to work! :2cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYo6G8RBjAE

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
I will have to see what I can come up with for music for the dance LOL.

Well, still no juice. The package tracking still hasn't updated yet either. I am keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Going to be putting in another order of juice tomorrow night when the store is open as well so we have enough to get us through the holidays.

Thanks for the music Wolf :) Yeah priority is a big scam. I have 5 packages that mailed Monday that will be here tomorrow if we're lucky. We have no choice if they don't offer UPS due to weight but I'm amazed at the times people will order 1-15ML bottle and pay the $2.50 upgrade. I guess they need it and think they'll get it faster but it they don't :(

Now, I probably shouldn't say that right now because I would assume USPS has to put more emphasis on priority with their Holiday scheduling but, in general, priority is slower than 1st class.

I'll post the deadlines for the different mail classes here that are popping up on our shipping program when I get time so people know the X-mas deadline.

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
Actually, you know what, this just dawned on me. I think one of Caramba's songs might be appropriate for the dance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5H1QXW5L4U

That video was hilarious and I liked the tune.

It must have worked and if I keep my fingers crossed my juice might be here today. It showed it was processed through the Harrisburg sort facility at 3am and usually I get my stuff if it is processed in Harrisburg before 5am.

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
Gouda gouda. Our great cheese will hath brought forth the package from the underbelly of the cheesy wax covered roll.

I hope you receive it today!

Juice is at the house. Now I just have to get to the house LOL.

My wife and I are really excited to try out this batch and going to be putting another order in tonight :D

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I just don't understand why the United States Postal Service is in such bad shape. You'd think their business would be increasing more and more with the way most stores seem to be pushing their customers to order online these days. I like to support my local businesses, but there seems to be less and less of a selection when I go shopping. This situation has caused me to place more mail orders in the past few years and I can't be the only one.

Among USPS, FedX, and UPS, I use USPS the most (or rather the companies I order from do).

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
Shipping methods are the biggest rip-off....1st class is the same as prioirity...been trying to tell suppliers that for 2 yearsl...but...they don't believe me....they gouge you for priory mail...even if you have one bottle of juice...stupid indeed...I order only when they ship priority...seems like I am not getting ripped off then. Thzt is wht I like about Bob..he does't try to rip you off on shipping..

-GR-

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2011
Pennsylvania
I am proud to say the USPS didn't let me down this week either.

I ended up making two separate orders with boB and yssiM. One of them shipped out Monday and was scheduled to be here today. The second order shipped out Tuesday and is scheduled to be here tomorrow.

The one that shipped out Monday is still showing that it is being processed at the Springfield sort facility. The one that shipped Tuesday is showing that it has departed the Springfield sort facility so that one should be here tomorrow. I am guessing the one that shipped out Monday will be here tomorrow also since that is how it worked out last week with the same shipping status updates.

Sounds like Mondays are bad days to get sorted in Springfield LOL.

flame263

Oct 8, 2010
Texas
Mine shipped Monday, said expected delivery date was the 14th, no package yesterday or today. :( Tracking info says that it left Springfield on the 12th. Thanks to a couple of crappy cartos I am totally out of kbv and have been reduced to vaping junk juice that I bought when I first started vaping.

I guess I will have to order less next time, so that I can get first class mail, I never have to wait more than two days that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread