IPV2/Plume Veil Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

auxsend

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2014
Enola, PA
Hello, I'm having a weird issue with a brand new plume veil clone on my IPV2. Hope this is an ok place to post this.

Have tried this with a different builds, different gauge wires, etc, and I always run into this issue.

The issue is:

Say I have dual micro coils reading at .8 ohms. I am vaping along great initially, and then all of the sudden, the IPV2 starts reading it out at 1.9, 3.5, 2.8 ohms. All over the place. This is a problem because I get these unexpected massive dry hits.

I'll fiddle with it, it's fine again, then 10-15 puffs later, insanity again.

This is only happening on my plume veil rda. My kayfuns, stillare, trident, all work flawlessly.

Did I just get a bum Plume Veil clone? It's frustrating, because when it works it is great.
Any suggestions? I tried tightening and loosening the 510 pin on the atty, varying heights for the pin on the ipv2, etc.

M3CH M0D M4DN355

Aug 21, 2014
UK
I have used a Plume Veil and IPV2 on a daily basis for quite a while and what inswva has suggest about lose post screws is exactly what I would suspect too.
I like to grab the positive block with a long nose pliers when it is in desired position and nip the gold 510 screw on the bottom so its firm, this enables you to apply more torque (don't go mad though) to the screws on the center post.

I have the contact screwed all the way in on my IPV2 with the Plume and there is still a gap between the mod and atty so I doubt that's the issue.

auxsend

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2014
Enola, PA
Ok, the center block does not currently move, and I have the bottom screw tightened up, maybe I'll double back and make sure everything is happy.

I have it in single coil mode, and went as far as to remove the unused post hole screws, but I'm still having the issue. I'll get some pliers, and make sure I have the center post tightened up as much as possible without ripping it in half.

Thanks guys.

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
I have the iPV2 and the Plume Veil too. When I first got my mod it was doing that with all my rdas, tanks, everything. I would be vaping and then get a random really hot hit. You can hear it too because the higher power makes the burning a little louder. It doesn't really do it anymore though. But it did happen to me last night with my Plume Veil and it sucked really bad because my cotton was almost dry and that high power hit dried it and killed my throat. I've heard of other peoples mods doing that too. I don't know why it happens or how to fix it but it has stopped doing it for the most part on mine. I think it's just crappy soldering or something.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
It's the IPV V2, more notably the 510 screw. If I loosen it to adjust contact with say one of my Kayfun clones, after a bit of the pin heating and contracting, resistance reading on the Kayfun starts jumping around. It doesn't do the resistance jump around when the pin is set down securely, not tight, just securely snug. Think pbusardo or GrimmGreen made mention of this flaw in their review video.

laramik

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
Chicago
I had this exact same issue on my plume veil first then all my rdas. For me.... It turned out to be a frayed wire that was rubbing against the bottom spring. Had rubbed it raw to the point where it had removed the jacket on the wire. Today I noticed this when someone else suggested the same things as posted above. Long story short I ended dripping some liquid electrical tape onto the frayed wire and now she's back to vaping like a champ. Too bad I got a sigelei 100w tho now so this is not my daily vape any longer. Here is a photo so you can see where mine was frayed
f6364c4a2dd633b6751047160f8fabf9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

auxsend

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2014
Enola, PA
Interesting. I haven't experienced this issue with my IPV2 until the PlumeVeil.

Oddly, I ended up fixing this issue last night, and I'm not really clear what fixed it, but all I did was:

Take the atty off, loosen the post screws, and then tighten them down just to the point where the screws were tight. Then I checked it, still bouncing around, so I tightened them down a little more, and like magic, the problem was gone.

So I put a new coil on it, and had to go through loosening and re-tightening the post screws a few times to get it to even out, and now again, I haven't had the problem since.

It's bizarre, and it's only my plumeveil, but it works now, and that's really all I care about, so I'm happy now.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Hello, I'm having a weird issue with a brand new plume veil clone on my IPV2. Hope this is an ok place to post this.

Have tried this with a different builds, different gauge wires, etc, and I always run into this issue.

The issue is:

Say I have dual micro coils reading at .8 ohms. I am vaping along great initially, and then all of the sudden, the IPV2 starts reading it out at 1.9, 3.5, 2.8 ohms. All over the place. This is a problem because I get these unexpected massive dry hits.

I'll fiddle with it, it's fine again, then 10-15 puffs later, insanity again.

This is only happening on my plume veil RDA. My kayfuns, stillare, trident, all work flawlessly.

Did I just get a bum Plume Veil clone? It's frustrating, because when it works it is great.
Any suggestions? I tried tightening and loosening the 510 pin on the atty, varying heights for the pin on the ipv2, etc.
Which version of the plume veil clone do you have and by which maker? Is it the one from infinite, ace rig, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread