IPV Mini USB charging question

Status
Not open for further replies.

adeadfetus

Jan 25, 2015
Plano, TX
I just purchased an ipv Mini, and I have an LG HE2 18650 2500mah 35A Battery installed.

Before when I had an MVP 2.0 it had overcharge protection, where when the battery got to 4.2 volts it would stop charging so the battery integrity wouldn't be compromised. With this in mind, I would vape all day and when I slept I would just plug it into the charger and leave it overnight (it would usually be fully charged in 3-4 hours).

Does the ipv Mini have any kind of overcharge protection? Is it safe to leave in the USB charger overnight?

(Side question: I've heard that vaping on the IPV mini whilst charging is a bad idea. Why is this and is this true?)

adeadfetus

Jan 25, 2015
Plano, TX
Every night I take the battery out and pop it in the charger with my other batteries. No harm yet after doing this for 5 months. As for using the pass through, I wouldn't do it because the company doesn't recommend it. They're smarter than me so I stick to their words

I gotcha, but what about leaving the IPV mini charging overnight through the USB charger? I don't have an external battery charger.

danca90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Zagreb, Croatia
Every night I take the battery out and pop it in the charger with my other batteries. No harm yet after doing this for 5 months. As for using the pass through, I wouldn't do it because the company doesn't recommend it. They're smarter than me so I stick to their words

I think you're confusing the mini for the ipv3. The mini is perfectly fine with the charge port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread