IPV mini 2 and Atlantis tank connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ipv mini 2 will not fire my Atlantis (did for 1 of them once though) tanks but will fire anything else i put on it.
The atlantis tanks work fine on my other mods. Safe to assume this is a connection issue. I've tried pulling the atlantis pin out a bit and when I screw it on it gets pushed back in but won't fire. The ipv mini 2 connection pin is spring loaded or floating?

Is there something else I could try, any suggestions?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
My IPV mini 2 will not fire my Atlantis (did for 1 of them once though) tanks but will fire anything else i put on it.
The atlantis tanks work fine on my other mods. Safe to assume this is a connection issue. I've tried pulling the atlantis pin out a bit and when I screw it on it gets pushed back in but won't fire. The ipv mini 2 connection pin is spring loaded or floating?

can't you adjust the pin on the ipv with a flathead screwdriver?
2135200-4.jpg

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
can't you adjust the pin on the ipv with a flathead screwdriver?
2135200-4.jpg

NO!
That is an Air Slot, NOT a screw adjustment.
IPV Mini is SPRING LOADED

Op, once the tank fails to fire, Does the IPV say check atomizer or read 0.0ohms? Does it say to low/short?
Are you using Authentic coil heads or generics?
Pin depressing into Tank is not the fault of or a problem in the Mini.

Never use a tank where the center pin will not stay slightly below the 510 threaded section. To easy to short out.

Last edited:

jchisholm

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2014
Nova Scotia
My IPV mini 2 will not fire my Atlantis (did for 1 of them once though) tanks but will fire anything else i put on it.

I suppose if all else fails you could either use a thin shim on your ipv or build up the bottom of the 510 pin with some solder..
I sometimes use the 22-25mm "beauty ring" adapter that came with my Kanger subtank for this as well.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I suppose if all else fails you could either use a thin shim on your ipv or build up the bottom of the 510 pin with some solder..
I sometimes use the 22-25mm "beauty ring" adapter that came with my Kanger subtank for this as well.

Neither of those are great ideas since:
a) Spring loaded = Makes contact well before bottoming
b) Coil heads are replaced regularly

Oddly this is the only Atlantis contact issue I have heard of with the IPV Mini's. Sounds like Generic Coils with soft/short insulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread