Iowa Vapors! Hello! Couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelligyrl

Jan 23, 2014
dallas, tx
Hi all,

New to the forum!. vaping for about 2 years now. Currently in Texas, Looking to relocate to Iowa and trying to gage interest in a retail store in Iowa City/Coralville area. We noticed that there are no stores ( just mall Kiosks). Not like in Texas, where we have 70 stores within a 30 mile radius of where I live. Trying to meet and talk to our fellow Iowa vapor friends. We deeply believe in the product, and feels this serves a wonderful purpose.

Would people be interesting in a retail shop that carried custom mods, equipment and home brew juices?

Also, I was wondering if anyone who had a shop encountered any resistance from landlords? How did you overcome this?

Look forward to hearing from you and speaking with you. Thank you.

Happy vaping:2cool:

TheLovelyMissJ

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Iowa
:O You dont want to go to Iowa City/Coralville! Nope no way jose. Wanna know why? It's like 3 hours from me, and the nearest vapor store is about 2 hours from me... you should go to Ames. It's a huge university town, and 45 minutes from me ^.^

unless you have other reasons for chosing iowa city/coralville... but i can pretty much garuntee I'd be a loyal customer if you were in ames.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
What people will be open to depend on your clientele. no one will have a spot on answer for that. Here there are a few shops south of me and north of me. the southern shops are big on advanced stuff, and the northern stuff deals with a much much much older clientele and focus more on simple 808/510's and ego style batteries.

The down side of home brewed juices is not mixed right can be bad, you will want to have a sterile enviroment for mixing, and have a good arsenal of great juices you can make. As far as landlords you will probably want to be upfront about with them about the business model, also making sure your with in city and state guidelines to avoid local issues with the government.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
I am in Iowa! I would love to have a vape store around here other then the creepy guy in the mall. I live near Cedar Rapids. Iowa City is a college town. You would do awesome to open a store there. The only thing is that you would have a bunch of college kids in there wanting to sub ohm without the knowledge to do it safely. If there were a store within 100 miles of me I would go to it but sadly the closest one is 2 1/2 hours away from here. :( College kids could bring in a lot of revenue though.

Last edited:
Iowa City is my recommendation, but that's because I'm about an hour away and would love to have a B&M within a reasonable distance. :laugh:

Captain Sparkles, I am new to vaping and Keokuk. Have been searching high and low for a vape shop where I can sample and get advice. I am not happy with with what I have tried so far. I am going to Iowa City Monday and would love to know where I can go, I am willing to go to Cedar Rapids if necessary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread