Introducing the Precise Industrious RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ahhh, thanks for the cut-away diagram. So airflow increases as the top cap is opened/loosened?

Few more questions(I did just purchase so I don't mind asking them!):

Is there a recommended mesh size(number) and cotton type? Or is it just user preference?
Will similar resistances on traditional coils produce similar results on this rba? Or does the vertical alignment require completely new technique? Is resistance able to be measured by regular screw-in ohm meter, or what must be used?

Thanks again. Looking forward to receiving this Christmas gift to myself!

To answer:

-So airflow increases as the top cap is opened/loosened?
Yes

- Is there a recommended mesh size(number) and cotton type? Or is it just user preference?
Its user preference. I'm using 500 SS mesh, but other sizes will work as well. I'm using Japanese cotton but other fillers can be used as well.

- Will similar resistances on traditional coils produce similar results on this RBA? Or does the vertical alignment require completely new technique? Is resistance able to be measured by regular screw-in ohm meter, or what must be used?
Yes, it's similar and you can tailor the resistance as low as you'd like to go by varying the wire gauge and length. For reference, the build shown above is about 3 wraps around with 26g Kanthal and it meters at .9 ohm and can be measured as you do any rba.

Crosscut view showing airflow path across the coil:

crosscut-1024x682.jpg

Last edited:

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
Ordered. Why not. Hell, everyone thinks Kayfuns are ohhh so awesome, and they're...pretty much junk in comparison to other atomizers (and I do own 3 REAL Kayfun 3.1 ES). Kayfun can't compare to my Erkonigin, Squape or Squape R or GP Heron - let alone Aspire Atlantis which is..amazing! So, maybe this will be great - maybe...it will be crap. So, not a big fan of the limited thing - have to jump into deep water to find out. After all - are you saying that if it turns out to be the most amazing atomizer ever - there will only be 50 of them? (good for me as I ordered one, but...seriously).

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
Looks ridiculously limited and over engineered with less than stellar performance, just like the strata :what:

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0151 using Tapatalk 2

Personally I have no qualms with the performance of the strata. It's was a bit of a struggle for me to find my sweet spot but once I found it it's pretty awesome. What is your experience with the strata, I'm curious. Dave explained why there is a limited number, I don't find it ridiculous at all.
My one real concern with the industrious is that I'll have to remember to do the "Genesis tilt"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Looks ridiculously limited and over engineered with less than stellar performance, just like the strata :what:

Sent from my HUAWEI Y210-0151 using Tapatalk 2

Says the guy who's made only one post in over a year and who's never used, handled, built, seen in person or vaped it. It's sad our community has to put up with this crap. I got into this business over 5 years ago to help people get off cigarettes, yet competitors or their fan boys always have to attack. One and only warning to any trolls, I have zero tolerance for these games.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Very cool, view big ate the air holes? What's the draw comparable to? What kind of res range do you recommend?

Draw is infinitely variable, so you can make it as airy or tight as you'd like. As far as resistance, that's a personal preference, but we've tested builds as low as .25ohms.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
I love these adventures!
Building this reminds me of the beehive shaped thing I made for the Strata which worked fairly well except the Strata wasn't designed that way and I had to freehand contort the coil, wasn't very easy or replicable. The central post and wire attachment of the Industrious should make building the long vertical coil within the airflow a snap!
I think the mesh I have here is 500 but it could be 400. Miles of Rayon, and every gauge wire under the sun. I'm ready when you are.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
After all - are you saying that if it turns out to be the most amazing atomizer ever - there will only be 50 of them? (good for me as I ordered one, but...seriously).

Yes, we made just over 50 of them and its all we intend to make, there is just no money in them. Much to the dismay of those who think US Manufacturers are making a killing, we aren't subsidized by the gov't like Chinese manufactures are. The machine times on this are just too long and that's what 90% of cost comes down to, machine time.

When they are gone, they are gone. I think there is 30 left now. It's truly a superb atomizer so you'll be glad you are one of the few who will own one!

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I snagged one. If I don't love it I'm sure I can find a late comer to take it off my hands.

Good score! I'll have a video up before you get it which will give you a bit more detail in setting it up. It really puts coil building in perspective as it's super user friendly!

INFRNL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2013
Colorado
When they are gone, they are gone. I think there is 30 left now. It's truly a superb atomizer so you'll be glad you are one of the few who will own one!

Will these leak or flood from pressure change? Reason why I ask is because I am a truck driver and there is always pressure changes in the truck, sometime constant/ rapid changes from continuous altitude changes?

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Will these leak or flood from pressure change? Reason why I ask is because I am a truck driver and there is always pressure changes in the truck, sometime constant/ rapid changes from continuous altitude changes?

We haven't tried any testing that involves rapid altitude changes. Theoretically, the center Stainless steel wick enclosure itself holds about a 1/4 ml, which should allow it to handle fluctuations in liquid volume due to pressure changes as well as allowing excess to drain back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread