Introducing the Horimono Block custom dual 18650 box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katanakaji

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 21, 2014
Missouri City, Texas
ej5w5da.jpg

Design your own custom etched, unregulated, MOSFET switched, dual parallel 18650 box mod-- and start vaping twice as long, or with double the power than with any single 18650 battery mod

ZA4UYZ6.jpg

Features a magnetic lid and spring-loaded 510 connector for reliable and convenient operation

mn9ygbY.jpg

Internals are MOSFET controlled with 14 gauge copper wiring and fuses for safely vaping at the lowest ohms and highest wattages with minimal voltage drop

R2S01Uk.jpg

Accidental firing is prevented by a unique safety switch, shown with button unlocked (left) and locked (right)

Horimono

From the Japanese "horu" to carve, engrave or inscribe, and "mono", 'thing', are the decorative engraved images in the blade of a Japanese sword, which may include katana or tantō blades.

It is also the term used for traditional Japanese tattoos, which are also known as irezumi, bunshin, shisei, gaman or hokuro. Although many Westerners and Japanese use the term irezumi to refer to traditional Japanese tattoos, this is technically incorrect since irezumi is a cruder term based on the method, meaning "to insert ink", while the term horimono references the art form of such a tattoo.

The Horimono Block is a dual parallel 18650 unregulated box mod. Built to handle the lowest ohm builds possible (I personally vape @ about 0.08ohm without any issues), it is perfect for all the cloud chasers out there. This is not a variable power/regulated mod, but it is fantastic for sub-ohm builds and competition use. Each Horimono Block is custom built on an individual basis, and is made of premium parts to handle daily abuse and features several important safety features. All work, from assembling the internal circuitry to etching the enclosure, is done in-house, by hand, by me, and is tested before shipment to insure a consistently high level of quality.

Switching is controlled by a heavy-duty tactile switch (rated at 10,000,000 operations) and very low rds MOSFET. The switch also features a custom-made button locking mechanism, which is easily locked/unlocked with a simple twist, and will prevent any accidental pressing of the button.

The battery sled is a modified Keystone and has been altered to prevent damaging the wrappings of your flattop batteries. This mod is wired in parallel so please remember to put both batteries in positive side up (please refer to your battery guides, keep batteries paired, and never build lower than what your batteries can handle). In a pinch, it is possible to use this mod with a single battery if necessary.

14 gauge copper wiring is used throughout the power circuit, and all connections are soldered. A pair of resettable PPTC fuses (30 amp trip rating) are also utilized to help prevent damage or injury in the event of a short or problem with batteries (such as reverse polarity upon installation).

The top end features a spring-loaded 510 connector with a low-profile 22mm deck and brass center-pin.

The enclosure (roughly 2in. x 4in. x 1in.) is all aluminum and is squared-off top and bottom to keep this mod sitting upright without any tilting. The lid/door is secured with false-screws which actually hold the lid closed via corresponding neodymium magnets in the enclosure. No tools are needed to open the enclosure, and using a screwdriver will result in damage to the mod. In lieu of the magnetic lid, the enclosure can be left with functional screws/threads on request during ordering.

All Horimono Blocks come included with a custom etched design on the enclosure. This can be anything from your own graphics, logos, lettering, or something you doodled on a napkin while you were drunk at the bar (single-color images without gradients work best). I will optimize all designs for the etching process, and will get your final approval before production. Since all Horimono Blocks are built-to-order and are customized on an individual basis, orders cannot be cancelled/refunded after your final approval has been obtained. Basically, for those familiar with getting tattoos, the whole process is about the same: show/tell me what you want, I will work with you on turning it into a design that will work well, you give the okay, and what's done is done!!! These designs are a permanent part of the enclosure and will not peel/fade/flake like decals or paint. All lids/doors will say Horimono Block on them.

If you should have any problems with your Horimono Block after purchase, just send it to me and I will do what I can to fix it. Repairs due to damage caused by normal use and wear-and-tear will be fixed for free. Repairs that are deemed to be the result of abuse, negligence, stupidity, or defective batteries will be fixed for a fee. If your mod is deemed to be non-repairable (like if you ran it over with your truck and it's now as thin as your smartphone, or if you send me a melted piece of metal that you claim used to be a mod), I'll be glad to sell you another at a discount.

Wholesale/bulk inquiries are welcome, although I would much rather prefer limited production on an individual basis.

Other customization options are available upon request, such as, but not limited to, polishing, powder-coating, wiring in series, adding internal volt meter, or building a regulated/variable-wattage or dual 26650 mod. If there is something you want, feel free to ask. Any additional customization will incur additional costs as well as additional time to build, and may require the use of a larger enclosure.

If you are located in the Houston, TX area let me know and we can go through the process in person if you prefer.

Thanks for looking!!! Send me a PM for more information or ordering.

Last edited:

Katanakaji

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 21, 2014
Missouri City, Texas
I received a couple questions about voltage drop and maximum watts with this mod, so I'll go ahead and post that info here:

I checked my personal Horimono Block that gets abused everyday (no cleaning/polishing contacts or noalox) for voltage drop figures using a Klein DVOM. With fully charged batteries (the LG's shown in the photo from my original post) and a fresh rebuild @ 0.12 ohm on a tobh atty, voltage under load dropped to 3.52v across the atty posts. That would come down to a 0.68v drop. If I used a higher resistance coil, cleaned all the contacts, and used some noalox, that number would be a whole lot better, but I honestly don't believe in running such tests outside of realistic conditions.

As for maximum watts, if you used 2 batteries with a 30a pulse rating or better, you could possibly hit a theoretical 250 watts, but the fuses should/would trip at this point. I have honestly tried to determine at what amperage the fuses actually trip at, but there seems to be a slight variation among a small sample that I checked, and there is also an apparent dependence on ambient temperature as well. There are two fuses in parallel coming directly from the battery sled which have a 30a trip rating, which would end up being the limiting factor as far as wattage is concerned (60a max @ 4.2v would be 252w). I have had zero issues vaping at 0.08 ohm, and I wouldn't build anything lower than that personally.

The truth of that matter is that this mod will hit hard with any good atomizer with a decent sub-ohm build (provided that you also use good batteries), and if it doesn't I'll work with you to figure out why, or if everything is working like it should but you're still unhappy I'll give you a refund. I did not bother posting these numbers before because I think that such figures are misleading and are just a sales/bragging gimmick. Real-world performance with vaping is achieved through your coils, atty,and airflow, while your mod/battery is just there to give you the power to get the most out of your setup.

Katanakaji

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 21, 2014
Missouri City, Texas
Left: Gold paint w/ weathering. Wired in series.
Right: Normal etching. Wired in parallel.

T7Viy3C.jpg

tcGCpqG.jpg

Series wired Horimono Block with 24g kanthal, dual 8-wrap coils on tobh atty. Full vapor production is practically instantaneous from the moment the button is pressed without having to wait for coils to heat up. Puts out big clouds, hits hard, but vapor is a little bit warmer than I like personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread