Introducing the all new Apex Alpha U.S.A. made premium electronic cigarette from InnoVapor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Ultra max with the RES yesterday,charged a 17670 this morning.I was a bit dubious about the RES abilitly to wick BWB juice,and the amount it would hold,however,It works pretty dam good so far.
And the customer service,shipping are top notch too.

Excellent, I love it that these are getting out! I've been up to my ears in parts and wondering where each one will end up..

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
Got my Ultra max with the RES yesterday,charged a 17670 this morning.I was a bit dubious about the RES abilitly to wick BWB juice,and the amount it would hold,however,It works pretty dam good so far.

Man, I cannot wait for mine to come in, Aziffel, could you elaborate a little more on the RES, any pros or cons? That is the one thing I am most excited/skeptical about. My ultramax should be in tomorrow.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com

So great to hear you are liking it. All I can say to everyone is that you just have to try the RES to believe it. But it is pretty amazing how awesome it is.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
Man, I cannot wait for mine to come in, Aziffel, could you elaborate a little more on the RES, any pros or cons? That is the one thing I am most excited/skeptical about. My ultramax should be in tomorrow.

So far,no leaks.I put 40 drops in thru the driptip,10 drops,wait a couple minutes,10 more drops etc. I've only used it about 5 hrs,so I don't know yet how long before it needs refilling.I have a new 2ohm 510 atomiser on it,and the taste is better than most of the 510's I have,but the vapor production is a little less than I'm used to,may be the atomiser needs a little more use.Overall,so far,it's a very nice tube mod with
a unique and effective juice reservoir.An 18650 size that holds 5ml or so would be all day,no bottles,batteries,or paper towels needed.

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
So far,no leaks.I put 40 drops in thru the driptip,10 drops,wait a couple minutes,10 more drops etc. I've only used it about 5 hrs,so I don't know yet how long before it needs refilling.I have a new 2ohm 510 atomiser on it,and the taste is better than most of the 510's I have,but the vapor production is a little less than I'm used to,may be the atomiser needs a little more use.Overall,so far,it's a very nice tube mod with
a unique and effective juice reservoir.An 18650 size that holds 5ml or so would be all day,no bottles,batteries,or paper towels needed.

Cool, thanks for replying, sounds interesting.... Are you using the high voltage setup or the 3.7? Have you measured the voltage output of your device yet? These things you probably know about but will help in diagnosing your atomizer not pumping out enough vapor. I wonder what brand these atties are?

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Done!

Uh... I mean...

I just placed my order for a UltraMax High Voltage Advanced Kit !!!

*Dear Lord don't let my wife be mad*

Congrats on being number 4 in the "wife will be mad but went ahead and bought one anyway" group. Just show her how awesome it is and she'll be over it in no time. At least thats the theory I'm going with :) Be sure to let us know what you think of it. Happy vaping!

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Cool, thanks for replying, sounds interesting.... Are you using the high voltage setup or the 3.7? Have you measured the voltage output of your device yet? These things you probably know about but will help in diagnosing your atomizer not pumping out enough vapor. I wonder what brand these atties are?

All atomizers are genuine Joye 510 LR in all the 3.7V kits or genuine Joye SR in the ultramax 6V kits. Joye seems to be the accepted standard and although we have experimented with supplying different 510 attys the Joye seems to be the most consistent IMHO.

All of our 306 LR and SR attys are also genuine Joye.

Cheers,

SH

briDog

Verified Member
May 26, 2009
UT, USA
I just finished reading up the thread and I like the sound of your AA. I have superT along with other types of drip tips and was wondering if it works with AA, so saying is yours any different as for as performance wise. Also how's the ultra compared to icon. My icon has been good for couple of month but the switch starts stick and I get misfires often. How often do I have to clean the AA in order to avoid the issue that I'm having? Thanks in advance.

I just finished reading up the thread and I like the sound of your AA. I have superT along with other types of drip tips and was wondering if it works with AA, so saying is yours any different as for as performance wise. Also how's the ultra compared to icon. My icon has been good for couple of month but the switch starts stick and I get misfires often. How often do I have to clean the AA in order to avoid the issue that I'm having? Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

-Yes, any drip tip will work with the Apex Alpha's since they are designed to fit the atomizer. For that matter, the Apex Alpha Drip Tip will fit any 510 atomizer as well. On the performance side I would argue yes because I maximized the ID of the Drip Tip, it is larger than any other drip tip I have measured. As a reference, the wall thickness at the base of the O-Ring groove on the Apex drip tip is less than .020".

-Unfortunately I haven't used an Icon. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

-The switch mechanism is totally different on the AA, so it's not an apples and apples comparison. One thing I can back up is the actual surface area that makes contact when the switch is activated. In the AA this is huge, it has very large contact areas compared to the switch mechanisms I have seen. This will minimize misfires, and conductivity issues.

-Cleaning: I would suspect that this will vary from user to user depending on the environment they live/work in. I sent an early AA out with my friends when the went on a 4wheeling and camping trip (an Ultramax) and they said it fired perfectly the whole time, after being dropped in the dirt.

I personally wipe the inner sleeve off maybe once a week, or less. The times I've noticed increased friction between the sleeves has always been after I was working on the car or cooking and got grease or who knows what all over it, which is understandable.

Hope this helps!

Nate

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
All atomizers are genuine Joye 510 LR in all the 3.7V kits or genuine Joye SR in the ultramax 6V kits. Joye seems to be the accepted standard and although we have experimented with supplying different 510 attys the Joye seems to be the most consistent IMHO.

All of our 306 LR and SR attys are also genuine Joye.

Cheers,

SH

Ah, nice, yes, I have always been happy with Joye. Thats great to know!

Lazerrred

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2010
Flo SC, USA
Sashwa, I use AW Li-ion protected1600 mAh 17670's in in my GGTB and also my other 18650 mods. (Reo Grands and woodvils, Ali'i, Phidias, monkeyboxx and Southpaw + others. :facepalm: It will get me through a 6 ML bottle of juice easy with the bottom feeders, and will out last a full MAP tank of juice with no problem.

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
aziffel , how long does the 17670 last using 2.0 attys before it needs charging? Does the taste of your juice fall off fast as you use the batt? And how long did the Res last before it needed to be topped off or refilled?

N8T, is the res guaranteed for 10 years like the rest of the pv?

Sashwa, I use AW Li-ion protected1600 mAh 17670's in in my GGTB and also my other 18650 mods. (Reo Grands and woodvils, Ali'i, Phidias, monkeyboxx and Southpaw + others. :facepalm: It will get me through a 6 ML bottle of juice easy with the bottom feeders, and will out last a full MAP tank of juice with no problem.

The 17670 will last longer than the juice in the res.I'm getting about 6 hrs before needing to refill,ymmv.The taste drops off pretty quickly when it runs out of juice,I haven't scorched any atomisers(yet),also tried my 14650 size,5v nimh battery in the AA,it works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread