• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Introduce yourself, Nebraskans! Neighbors from surrounding states welcome too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
Hi, I'm Chris, I've been analog-free since 19 January 2011. I live in Lincoln, and work for a medium size metal fabricator/job shop as the network admin/help desk/general dogsbody. I'm married, 2 boys, 2 cats. I love to play pool, and I enjoy playing blackjack when I get to Council Bluffs

Edit: OH! I forgot the hardware! I have an e-Health PV that was my first digital, and a Riva 510, and an eGo-T.

Last edited:

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Hey zip. Been out of town better part of the week. Gotta say I'm a tad disappointed in the activity here, but perhaps it will pick up. Wanted to respond to your thread because a thread without a response is a terrible thing to waste.

My name is tim and I have been vaping since right around Thanksgiving. I started with an Ego and she will probably always hold a special place in my heart because she allowed me to get off analogs, but I knew pretty early on that I "wanted" more. Unfortunately my wallet told me that I was very happy with my Ego for now. I did just receive a 5 volt pt the other day and have to say that I am really getting antsy about moving up to a mod of some sorts. Really want a Silver Bullet, but think that a variable volt ( Provari ) would be the way to go.

I work in the trade show industry. I am an " exhibit manager " for an exhibit house here in Omaha. I fell in to this line of work about 20 years ago when my wife and I lived in the Atlanta Ga. area and when we decided to move back here about 10 years ago I was lucky { I guess ) to find this company to work for as this type of thing isn't real prevalent in this general area.
My job has me doing a good amount of o.t. and a pretty good amount of travel.

Married, 2 kids (20 and 17 ) and I am so sick of winter that I can't stand it. Would rather sweat than shiver.

Thats me....hope some other omaha/nebraska area vapers chime in as well.

Sparrots

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
North/central Nebraska
Rebecca here, from Burwell, formerly Omaha. Have a parrot sanctuary and am newly (2 years) married have 3 cats, 2 dogs. Official quit date is September 1, 2010 but probably quit a few days earlier. Love to vape more than I loved to smoke. Really got into trying different mods so will be awhile before I break even. I use 510 based equipment. Have GGTB's, GG mini, Ego's, Nuck's fist packs, a few others. Agree with you Tim, I'm sick of winter for the first time ever.
Stay warm,
Rebecca

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Wow...just when I thought this forum was going to fade into the sunset, 3 new people arrive on the same day. Hi twiddy-jbmcdan and tc22452. Glad you all found your way here. This forum tends to lack on activity, but I eyeball it everyday to see if anything is happening and was pleasantly surprised at your intros.

Twiddy...not familiar with the V4L, but anything that gets you off the analogs is great. Glad the vendor is standing behind their product and hooking you up.

Speaking off hooking (that doesn't sound quite right does it?) does "hook em horns" apply to you jbmcdan? Welcome to Neb. and very sorry for all the Husker hype you will have to live with now. What pv are you using?

Hi cindy. Congrats on being smoke free. There is a guy here in Omaha doing juice. He pm'ed me about a week ago and I haven't had the opportunity to get back in touch with him (my bad), but maybe he will chime in here. He e-mailed me a list of his stuff and I intend to try him out in the near future.

Again, welcome you 3. Glad y'all posted.

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
Hey everyone! Wow, like hawkizefan said, I thought this was going to fizzle and die, too. Glad to see some people are finding it.

Twiddy/Todd, I've heard good things about V4L, I suspect you'll get good service from them. Too bad your battery fell apart on you. Keep the other one charged, you really can't charge lithium batteries too often, so don't worry about that.

jbmcdan, where abouts in TX do you come from? Are you going to school, working, or what?

Hi tc22452/Cindy, nice to hear from you. I heard from the member in Omaha that is selling juice too, I also have been lax about getting back to him, but I do intend to try some. You can get it from a couple of smoke shops here in Lincoln, I don't know if maybe one of the truck stops out by the York interchange might have it. It will be expensive that way, probably about $15 for 5ml, and the choices will be limited, probably just tobacco/menthol flavors. There is a thread in this forum about just this subject, if you find anything, be sure to post, and I'll add it to the list.

Nice to hear from you all. Post if you're going to be in Lincoln, if you're interested in sitting down for a beverage and a vape. I'd be interested in talking with you.

twiddy

Mar 5, 2011
Omaha, NE
Just got my new battery today. That's a relief. V4L is great, they have a huge forum and the members post nice instructional videos to help with technical issues. The members are very welcoming. I just got a batch of cartomizers from V4L last week. They are 36mg and I am finding them to be way too strong. I am hoping to find a way to dilute them. I guess that 18mg of nic is what I like. What do you all like to vape?

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I use blank cartos and fill them. The boge 2.0 ohm carto and everything I have tried from Ikenvape have been great. After 35 years of handrolling my own I go for the highest nic level I can get, and yet I can vape 0 nic. all day and not fight that monkey on my back. I think that for me it's more of the ritual of smoking, the hand to mouth and seeing the smoke/vapor on the exhale. Of course it wasn't like that at first when I was "detoxing" off of all the other crap they put in analogs, but I'm in a pretty good place with it all now after 4 months.

tenzip

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Lincoln, NE, USA
I have been grooving to Backwoods Brew juice, I have been using the 12mg/ml nicotine strength. My equipment has gone from a cigar store "e-Health cigarette" to a Riva kit with carts, to an eGo-T kit, and now I'm using modified -T atomizers and tanks on a variable voltage box mod.

For diluting the 36mg cartos, I don't know if you can get them apart, but if you can get some of the juice out of one, add some unflavored PG, or better yet, a PG/VG mix. I don't know how much they hold in the first place, so it will be hard to tell you how much. Are you refilling, or just using the pre-loaded ones?

Stabbie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Teec Nos Pos, AZ
Hey all! My name is Jeff. I live in Omaha.

My timeline (approx):
March 7th 2011 - greensmokes arrived in the mail. Last cigarette smoked.
March 13th 2011 - Ego-T arrived in the mail. Sold green smokes kit to a co-worker.
April 5th 2011 - Go-Go arrived in the mail. Ego-T spared its life for a back-up.
Today - researching purchasing a GLV-2 5V w/510 adapter.

The Go-Go is my main PV but I do use the Ego-T occasionally.

I move quick.

Favorite flavor right now is banana cram pie from freedom smoke.

Is anyone organizing any NE events/get togethers? I think it would be great to discuss vaping hardware and the such over a beer.

knudson55

Jan 15, 2010
wilber nebraska
Hey dylon here from beatrice... bought the first bloog... loved it bought bloog maxfusion... and my roommate took it home.. his parents found it and threw it away... im 19 and in college so do not have too much money... lately went back on analogs :( i have juice but no device to vape it with.... if anyone is selling or getting rid of something plz let me know :) happy that i live in this great state... and GO BIG RED!!

crashandburn

Jul 24, 2011
nebraska
Hi all! Mike from Columbus here! Work in a switchyard, vape a roughstack, flashlight mod, coupla boxmods, ego-wannabe, and passthru. Vape 26, 24, and 18mg. I have a tekkeon on the way to mod, gonna make a glv-wannabe(hope ya get urs stabbie), a 5v box, and a vv box when I have the time:blink:... I have no clue when I quit smoking, I'd gone a year... Then smoked a couple cigs a day for awhile... Then quit again :glare: . I'm glad to be here, hope to meet ya'll someday! :thumb:

FlaverSaver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
Nebraska
Thanks Charlie Brown. Hey all! I'm Clay, from Columbus. Smoked for seven or eight years and got turned onto vaping by Mike :O. Using a Prodigy v3.1 with tank right now, looking into a couple vv's. I'd like to either buy a kit or make one out of an old cellphone or a Nintendo controller.. hmm. Maybe you guys have some suggestions. Anyways, awesome to see a Nebraska vape community! :D

dUdEmOnIuM

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 2, 2010
Omaha, NE
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: UnRegistered Supplier

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Hey dUd,,long time. Going to check your juice out some day when I can get a minute to catch my breath....They're killing me at work. You got a killer th tobacco flavor??

Some kind of meet up, even if it's only a small handful of people, would be cool. Would love to see all your gear...in particular that saber. Kinda leaning towards a fixed 5 volt saber. What's your opinion on that mod?

Would like to see your operation someday...and would be willing to offer up "extra hands" type help, even if it would only be fetching coffee or keeping the vape groupies at bay, in exchange for learning how to diy a decent liquid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread