Interesting time in NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Not sure if this is the right place or not but just wanted to share an interesting experience..

So we all know that New Jersey just recently passed an indoor smoking ban that included the e-cig....
So I just got back from a weekend long trip to New Jersey. While we were there we had to go to Trenton so my fiance could get some copies of her birth certificate..So on Mon January 4th there we are trying to find the right place to go and it's a cold snap that day...finally track down the Helth dept. and they send us to another location for vital records..So, we get to where we're supposed to go and I decide I'm gonna hang out outside and vape and head to the little alcove shared with the other office in the building,where all the other smokers are huddled....So, I pull out one of my 510s and start to vape as I look up at the sign of whats in the building and lo and behold it's the AGs office...
Round about that time I get the usual question from one of the shivvering smokers "what's that thing?" so I go into the explaination "it's a pv commonly called an e-cig blah,blah, blah...here's how it works blah blah blah...and with the exception of this state's newly passed ban it doesn't violate most smoking bans since it's not actually burning anything, etc." So, then comes the "mind if I try it?" and "really it's included in our smoking ban? I've never even seen/heard of em before now", "where'd you get it flurry of questions"
So I'm carrying 3 510s on me (and some alcohol wipes I have in case anyone is super interested) so I wipe down the mouthpieces real quick and pass em round (one menthol, one regular tobacco, and one raspberries and cream). I prefered to err on the side of caution and not mention the specific name of the supplier I got mine from since they are in NJ and didn't want to create any undue hassle for them from the state by accident so just said "I ordered them over the internet"...
Bout then I realized that they had put out their cigs and were vaping and looking at the 510s all wide eyed and remarking how good they were (clean, and tasty I heard several times) and was asked about safety, cost, etc..told them that it wasn't FDA approved but that it was a very few chemicals that are known versus tar, CO, and about 4000 other chemicals and that I feel way healthier now and it got me to quit analogs with no effort and was way cheaper...
So 2 of them still couldn't believe that they were included in the new state ban and were intending to do some research of their own and talk to their boss about it...and all 6 of them expressed interest in getting one..
So I think I may have converted 6 people in the state AGs office and I foresee stealth vapin' in the bathroom there in the future...lol.

RatRacer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2009
S.W. Florida
Lol...I know, I felt all sorts of subversive afterward...but apparently getting a copy of a birth certificate in NJ is a PITA that takes at least a half hour minimum...so I'd have been out vapin' anyway

Thanks for the info. I was born in NJ and have to get a copy of mine.
Why didn't you tell me you were going.:w00t:

boondongle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
Doylestown, Pa
Lol...I know, I felt all sorts of subversive afterward...but apparently getting a copy of a birth certificate in NJ is a PITA that takes at least a half hour minimum...so I'd have been out vapin' anyway

Yes it is. The last time I had to get one, I just bought five, so I'd have extras...ditto for marriage and divorce decrees.

420GypsyGirl

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2010
Near a beach in a desert.
Hahaha...great story. Just awesome, maybe you just tossed a pebble into a small puddle that'll make some big waves. I am thinking, maybe we should come up with a small card about he size of a company card that has info on it that can be handed out with general info about PV's and this forums website address. If we get the word out to more people, sooner or later nothing will be able to stop this and that little pebble will have created a tsunami - call it the Vaperfly Effect. :w00t:

(So) Jersey Girl

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
South Jersey
You know what I find ironic about this is that no one knew what it was! In a state where it is BANNED you would think that usage was so wide spread that it required legislation. Apparently not :) I can't stand politicians! They are supposed to be representing the people, but that rarely ever happens these days. So sad.

Try living here with them and being subjected to their idiocy on a daily basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread