Intel on upcoming highend Boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damfmachine

Mar 4, 2015
Germany
Hello all. As you can see im new to this Forum. Since iam looking into buying an high-end box mod, probably with a dna 40 chip i wanted to ask you if somebody has some info on upcoming devices or improvements to the recent line up. Since i noticed that a lot of you have Problems with your DNA40 mods and a lot of them seem to be a bit buggy i wanted to find out if something is happening concerning these problems. Beeing from Germany, ordering a expensive mod from the US is rather a big thing, so i want to make sure i get into it at the right time.

Especially the Hana dna 40 caught my eye. Quality with this one seems to be rather on the poor side, at least acording to some youtubers. Do you know if they fixed the issues. Will there be a version with magnetic backdoor? Any other sugestions on upcoming, unreleased items?

Best regards and thanks in advance!!

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
The crux of the issue is whether you have bonafide issues with dry hits. If you're like me in that you've been vaping long enough to know how to build your vape in such a way that you don't get dry hits to begin with, you may as well put your money into the Sigelei/IPV arena, and leave the DNA boards to the early adopters. I can't remember the last dry hit I had, except to say that it was long before hearing about the DNA board and dry hits being a thing of the past. However I've had plenty of situations since the DNA board came out that I've needed to go above 40 watts.

Caveat Emptor.

Damfmachine

Mar 4, 2015
Germany
The crux of the issue is whether you have bonafide issues with dry hits. If you're like me in that you've been vaping long enough to know how to build your vape in such a way that you don't get dry hits to begin with, you may as well put your money into the Sigelei/IPV arena, and leave the DNA boards to the early adopters. I can't remember the last dry hit I had, except to say that it was long before hearing about the DNA board and dry hits being a thing of the past. However I've had plenty of situations since the DNA board came out that I've needed to go above 40 watts.

Caveat Emptor.

Hi and thanks four your reply!

I think you´re right to some extend. When i vape my drippers i tend to get a dry hit from time to time just because i forget to drip in the sauce;) Otherwise i dont think its THAT much of a gamechanger. On the other hand i think one is almost forced to get one with DNA40 becaue all highend regulated devices with a "quality design" seem to be DNA mods. For example the sigelei etc. they perform well, have huge power, but are huge and not really well designed in my opinion. (When compared to a vaporflask or hana mod i.e.) greeting

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
Hi and thanks four your reply!

I think you´re right to some extend. When i vape my drippers i tend to get a dry hit from time to time just because i forget to drip in the sauce;) Otherwise i dont think its THAT much of a gamechanger. On the other hand i think one is almost forced to get one with DNA40 becaue all highend regulated devices with a "quality design" seem to be DNA mods. For example the sigelei etc. they perform well, have huge power, but are huge and not really well designed in my opinion. (When compared to a vaporflask or hana mod i.e.) greeting

There is some truth to that but I also consider mods with YIhi chips in them to be good mods as well. The Yihi SX350 chip is in quite a few high end mods such as the Zero. If you are wanting a temp chip you might want to hold back a little bit and see what happens with the SX350j chip. You could also peruse this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iscussion/610407-high-end-regulated-mods.html if you want to get some ideas on various highend mods.

Damfmachine

Mar 4, 2015
Germany
There is some truth to that but I also consider mods with YIhi chips in them to be good mods as well. The Yihi SX350 chip is in quite a few high end mods such as the Zero. If you are wanting a temp chip you might want to hold back a little bit and see what happens with the SX350j chip. You could also peruse this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...iscussion/610407-high-end-regulated-mods.html if you want to get some ideas on various highend mods.

Hi mate! Will definetly keep looking in this thread! Do you know a website/ blog that keeps me up to date? Something compared to vaperev but with more content?

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
If you want reliable and high end, I'd wait for the release of the sxmini m class. It should release some time this month. I'm tired of the dna 40 chip with it's bugs. My normal sx mini has been nothing but reliable. I can trust that the temp control version will be the same. The sxmini m class will also be a game changer in the temp control area. It's going to be a more consistant vape. Plus the wealth of intel on the display. It shows the wattage, output voltage, battery voltage, coil resistance, jouls ran per battery swap, 5 wattage presets for easy wattage changing for different coils, different power curves for your preference. Plus it's 60 watts. Win win win.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
If you want reliable and high end, I'd wait for the release of the sxmini m class. It should release some time this month. I'm tired of the dna 40 chip with it's bugs. My normal sx mini has been nothing but reliable. I can trust that the temp control version will be the same. The sxmini m class will also be a game changer in the temp control area. It's going to be a more consistant vape. Plus the wealth of intel on the display. It shows the wattage, output voltage, battery voltage, coil resistance, jouls ran per battery swap, 5 wattage presets for easy wattage changing for different coils, different power curves for your preference. Plus it's 60 watts. Win win win.

What bugs do you have? My screen jumbles once in a while but it still works great. Best vape I've ever had.

AustinTom

Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
NB, TX
I have a Hana Modz DNA 40. It works perfectly, just took a little while to get used to all of the menu options. I got it around two weeks ago. I've had no glitches or anything like that. It still has the screws for the door but everything fits tight with no quality issues. I like it enough to have ordered another, which should be here today.

IanDVaypes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Austin, TX
What bugs do you have? My screen jumbles once in a while but it still works great. Best vape I've ever had.

One would not turn on when i tested it before soldering. One has a line of pixels that light up upon fire, one wouldn't fire and flash weak battery on the display.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Hello all. As you can see im new to this Forum. Since iam looking into buying an high-end box mod, probably with a DNA 40 chip i wanted to ask you if somebody has some info on upcoming devices or improvements to the recent line up. Since i noticed that a lot of you have Problems with your DNA40 mods and a lot of them seem to be a bit buggy i wanted to find out if something is happening concerning these problems. Beeing from Germany, ordering a expensive mod from the US is rather a big thing, so i want to make sure i get into it at the right time.

Especially the Hana DNA 40 caught my eye. Quality with this one seems to be rather on the poor side, at least acording to some youtubers. Do you know if they fixed the issues. Will there be a version with magnetic backdoor? Any other sugestions on upcoming, unreleased items?

Best regards and thanks in advance!!

The DNA40 mods have been out for a few months now, I think most of the early problems are resolved, but if you're worried you might be better to buy one locally in Germany. I don't know any of the following sites, but they may be easier for you to deal with than US companies and you would have the full protection of your local consumer laws.

The official European distributor for Hana (should be able to tell you where you can buy one in Germany)

vapemap

I personally like the Vaporshark rDNA which has magnetic door and zip charging, these guys seem to have them for sale in your country:

Vaporshark rDNA 40, 184,90 €

The other readily available "high-end" box mod is the Yihi SXmini, uses their own chip currently without temperature control, though they are expected to release their version soon. This German site has the current version for sale:

Yihi SX Mini Box

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread