Inside the eGo-T atomizer - teardown comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkpoet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2011
South Korea
I liked the idea of the eGo-T... but I've had some bad experiences with them. I first tried them with e-cigarette-china.com - one of the few Chinese suppliers that will deliver eGo hardware to Korea. I didn't know about Janty Korea until later (which by the way is seriously expensive at $26 per atty). I also ordered a starter kit from somybox.com

Take a look... and note the differences, first in the coil, the shininess inside the cone, the band at the base of the cone (the battery connector), and the spike size...

eGoAtties1.jpg eGoAtties2.jpg

By the way, model A tasted like crap after 2-3 tanks and even wick replacement can't fix it (and I've gone through 4 atomizers like this model). Model B has been going strong a week now (4+ tanks) and for that price, it better last a month. Model C is untested due to fear. Somybox delivered a bunch of crap juice and I'm worried about smoking imitation crap... but after comparing it to the other 2 models, methinks that A might be the imitation.

I've completely ripped apart an A model and the ceramic plate is wrapped in nickel mesh and together they sit on a silicone pad which in turn sits on the battery connector (the wires run through it). The silicone was already browned after only a few tanks. I doubt that's a serious problem and except for some poor imitation, they're probably all the same under the ceramic.

Also, the B (Janty) model uses a gold-colored battery connector, the others are silver... and the B wicks have a nickel mesh wrapping around them to keep them secure inside the spike and the others do not.

Now, please share any useful information about your own eGo-T... I suspect a lot of people's various experiences might have a lot to do with what eGo-T they actually have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread