Innokin Proton - Lets Talk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Found a couple function "shortcuts" here, Innokin Proton Review | Test Results Are In - Vaping360

Left + fire, shows individual battery charges, ohms to 3 digits and puff count.
Right + fire locks it. Although it completely locks it and I'd think you could click 3 to shut it off/on just as easy unless the very short start up screen really bothers you.

WhatsAWho02

Apr 15, 2016
Found a couple function "shortcuts" here, Innokin Proton Review | Test Results Are In - Vaping360

Left + fire, shows individual battery charges, ohms to 3 digits and puff count.
Right + fire locks it. Although it completely locks it and I'd think you could click 3 to shut it off/on just as easy unless the very short start up screen really bothers you.
Omg that's amazing! I've been wondering how I lock it. Thank you!

Reactions: Myk

WhatsAWho02

Apr 15, 2016
The 3 digit Ω reading is really helping me get TC set right from the start. I cool it down to read whatever Steam Engine says then set it.
Is there a way to see how hot it is? My smok would tell me the celcius [emoji849] I find my proton gets HOT, and I worry about how hot it is before I try to use it. For example, I wouldn't use it if it was over 34°c.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Is there a way to see how hot it is? My smok would tell me the celcius [emoji849] I find my proton gets HOT, and I worry about how hot it is before I try to use it. For example, I wouldn't use it if it was over 34°c.

Not that I know of unless you're in temperature control, but that's coil temperature and not the board temperature. Although I do think it has safety features that will warn you if it gets too hot.

WhatsAWho02

Apr 15, 2016
Not that I know of unless you're in temperature control, but that's coil temperature and not the board temperature. Although I do think it has safety features that will warn you if it gets too hot.
I figured the board has a safety cut off. Temp control, can I use that with the plexus and scion 2 coils it came with? Yes, I sound like a total noob. Sorry!

Reactions: Eskie

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I figured the board has a safety cut off. Temp control, can I use that with the plexus and scion 2 coils it came with? Yes, I sound like a total noob. Sorry!

Nope, there are no factory TC coils for the Scion II. The best you can do is get the RTA deck for the Scion and build your own, but I didn't have any luck with it and dual coils in TC.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Anyone found the Innokin site for firmware updates? Mine's at 2018-02-28, V1.1. There's nothing in the menu for firmware updates. A search for Firmware on the Innokin.com site returns ...

Search Results for: firmware

Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
Anyone found the Innokin site for firmware updates? Mine's at 2018-02-28, V1.1. There's nothing in the menu for firmware updates. A search for Firmware on the Innokin.com site returns ...

Search Results for: firmware

Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords.

As far as I know there are no updates at this time.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

You'll like it when it arrives. I have had mine for a while and it's in my daily rotation. Mine came with the Scion tank and included two drop in coils, one with 4 coils spaced in a square arrangement in a cotton bed. The other is a single coil drop in with one larger center hole where the coil is located. I haven't juiced the Scion up because it's obviously a DTL atty. I'm a MTL vaper.

Great mod if I do say so myself.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well I just ordered one today. Was able to get it mod only at MVS as I don't need another drop in coil tank. I figure it can be a backup for my Cylon, which is doing just fine, but some folks have developed screen problems. I guess it falls under backups for backups, but it does look like nice little dual battery pocket carry and all the feedback has been positive. Besides, I always liked Innokin.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Well I just ordered one today. Was able to get it mod only at MVS as I don't need another drop in coil tank. I figure it can be a backup for my Cylon, which is doing just fine, but some folks have developed screen problems. I guess it falls under backups for backups, but it does look like nice little dual battery pocket carry and all the feedback has been positive. Besides, I always liked Innokin.

Vape time at 10W on a couple of VTC6's in the Innokin Proton is impressive. It better than any other dual battery mod I own. The display is nice and it has 6 color theme options. The fire bar is long enough to put four fingers on to ease "Mod thumb". It's a mod you grab with your fist. I like the ergonomic design.

I'm using the Proton as much or more than any of my daily rotation mods.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I liked the size compared to the Alien. I like the fire bar on the Alien, but this looks like a better screen and certainly better performance for temp control. I got it in the red and black, which should go well with a red carbon fiber Freemax mesh pro I just got.

Proton beats the heck out of the Alien 220W for battery life. I just compared them side by side and the dimensions are virtually the same.

I like to buy dual battery mods for more 10W vape time on 2 cells. Eleaf Invoke is a good mod and you can frequently find it on sale. It's dual battery that's slightly thinner than the Proton or the Alien, but the Invoke has a small fire button like the Pico that can create some stress on the digits over a day's time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread