Innokin Kroma-R Zlide Kit 80W Vape

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, Sharon. I guess the 5 click on/off thing didn't work, eh? Might be a defective switch. I'm just not sure what I'd do in a situation like yours. I've never bought anything from Amazon so I don't know if the return process would/could be a dilemma.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023
    Hi Everyone,
    I have purchased many Zlide Vapes and have always been satisfied. I recently bought an Innokin Kroma-R Zlide Kit 80W Vape from Amazon. The battery is fully charged, however, it will not power on. Any suggestions before I return the item? Also the display is working as when I plug it in the display shows battery level.
    Many Thanks
    Sharon
    There are generally oddities with built in batteries. I know nothing of that model, but If hitting the power button 6 times in rapid succession doesn’t work, try ten times, Or maybe look to see if there’s some sort of plastic safety tab you have to remove. If all else fails rtfm is the standard. Maybe even do that first. There should be an instruction manual bundled with it.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    The battery is fully charged, however, it will not power on. Any suggestions before I return the item?
    That particular Innokin mod takes 3 clicks of the firing bar to turn it on or off.

Here's some more basic operational info, included in the manual, that may help you use it:
    • Keep up or down pressed for two seconds to activate wattage or voltage adjustment
    • Fire+up shows battery stats (remaining voltage, puff counter) along with coil resistance
    • Fire+down locks wattage adjustments (you can still fire the mod)
    • Up+down to enter the menu

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    as Adam Savage once said..”well there’s your problem
    I think her problem is that she's not doing 3 clicks to power it on and off.

She had evidently installed an 18650 battery...because she said the following: "The battery is fully charged, however, it will not power on. Also the display is working as when I plug it in the display shows battery level."

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023

She had evidently installed an 18650 battery...because she said the following: "The battery is fully charged, however, it will not power on. Also the display is working as when I plug it in the display shows battery level."
    A DOA fire button or other hardware is possible I suppose. Generally unlikely though. Me I’d rtfm and return it for a replacement if that doesn’t work.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    A DOA fire button or other hardware is possible I suppose. Generally unlikely though.
    HUH? :?: I didn't mention a DOA fire button or other hardware, etc.

I think she's just not clicking the firing bar 3 times to turn it on.

Looks like we may not find out if that's the problem or not though, as she hasn't been back since her post yesterday.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
    Apr 15, 2023

I got the impression she thought it was an already permanently installed battery. You may be right though.

Users who are viewing this thread