Innokin Endura S1 Refillable Disposable | Reviews by Z-Lee

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    innokin Endura S1 Refillable Disposable

1691349596840.png

Welcome! The review I'm sharing with you today will be taking a better look at Innokin's recently released Endura S1 Disposable. Like with most products that Innokin releases, they are always exploring new ways to innovate vaping and we as consumers love options, amirite? The Endura S1 is no exception to this concept, and so we're looking at the first (that I know of) refillable disposable vapes. You might be asking yourself 'okay, but why does this matter? Why not just buy a 7000 puff disposable?' Well, that's what I hope to answer as we venture along in this review.

I want to thank Alisa (@Innokin_timmy) and Innokin for offering and coordinating the product delivery. I want to remind the reader that while this is a promotional opportunity for Innokin, the actual review and testing I've conducted is not promotional in nature and will be completed in a fair and honest manner.

Alright, let's get into it! Photos have been modified and can be clicked on for easier viewing.

Please visit the Endura S1 page at Innokin for more information.

◆ BRIEF SITE OVERVIEW ◆

Colors

1691357706994.png

From left to right, there are 8 different colorways:

> Charcoal
    > Graphite
    > Silver
    > Pearl
    > Celadon
    > Cerulean
    > Iris
    > Blush

Key Features

1691357822162.png

> Up to 7000 Puffs
    > Refillable
    > Greener Solution
    > Cost Effective
    > Mesh Coil
    > Rechargeable (USB-C)

Specs

1691358038285.png

> Size: 18.5 * 101 mm
    > Battery Size: 650 mAh/3.7V/2.4Wh
    > Min/Max Wattage: 13.5 W Constant Output
    > Tank Size: 2 mL
    > Coil Resistance(s): 0.8Ω Mesh KAL Coil
    > Charging Current: 550 mAh/DC 5.0 V

Package Contents

> 1x Endura S1 Device
    > 1x Quick Guide

◆ REVIEW TESTING & OBSERVATIONS ◆

1691358711289.png

The Innokin Endura S1 comes packaged about as simple as you can imagine. Unlike most disposables, this one does not come prefilled with juice and so there's really no need to seal it. Any design that lessens the use of plastic and rubber gets a big thumbs up from me when it comes to packaging.

There really isn't much included with this kit, and that's likely part of how Innokin's attempting to keep the Endura S1 cost effective. Each Endura S1 is individually packaged and does not come with a USB Type-C charging cable. It is my opinion that we live in a time where the use of USB-C is very common and it would shock me if you're not using a single product that recharges using a USB-C. Does it seem more wasteful to buy 10 disposables and end up with 10 different USB-C cables, or buy 10 disposables and purchase a single cable if you actually need one? I do realize from a convenience perspective, that this might be a bit of an annoyance. Even so, I think at this point in time, it is perfectly acceptable to assume the vast majority of us already have a USB-C cable we can use. So, from that aspect, I would consider this a decent starter kit for those that already have a USB-C cable or easy access to one. Bear in mind, you will also need to have or purchase your own juice separately.

It's difficult for me in deciding whether to compare this Endura with disposables, or other pod devices. It does in fact function much like a pod device, but in the end, is a disposable. Does the Endura S1 create a class of its own since it is both? What do you think?

1691360303013.png

For colorways, I received Celadon and the Cerulean. They are both identical in every way other than the color. On the front of the package are listed the key features, and it also mentions that the Endura S1 works best with 50/50 VG/PG e-liquids. That's 50% VG and 50% PG - thinner in viscosity than most freebase e-liquids on the market that are 70% VG, 30% PG. I ran into a bit of an issue with wicking in mine since I do not have 50/50 VG/PG juice, and I'll get a bit more into that in the conclusion.

1691365049787.png

I have pretty small hands, so you can tell this device isn't very big. For those of you with larger hands, it's likely the size of one of your fingers.

On the "front" of the device, at the top you can see the refill plug giving access to the 2 mL transparent tank. As you transition downward, the body of the Endura S1 is made of what appears to be a flat-sided aluminum cylinder-like shell which contains the chip and battery. The Endura S1 branding is quite small as well as the INNOKIN logo on the backside.

The color gradient matches the same pattern in four of the eight available colors, and includes Celadon, Cerulean, Iris, and Blush.

1691366116832.png

The mouthpiece is sort of difficult to see, but it's oblong in shape and fits nicely between the lips. It tapers out to meet the width of the body quite quickly, so you shouldn't expect to be going "hands-free" with this little bugger.

The bottom of the Endura S1 is pretty standard for smaller pod device and disposables. Here you'll find the battery size (650 mAh) and total Workhours you can expect from that battery. Without getting into it, the Workhours is generally a better indicator for overall expected battery life than the actual indicated mAh capacity of the battery. The device charges at around 0.5A which should end up at little over an hour to fully recharge from dead. The chip does allow pass-through vaping, so you can puff on the go while it's plugged in and charging. The chip also picks up a USB 3.0 QC (quick charging) cable as well, so any of you android users can use your phone charging cables.

The larger hole to the right is the LED that indicates puff activation and recharging, and the smaller hole on the left is part of the airflow. Airflow is also detected through the USB-C charging port which is a bit odd, but this isn't the first time I've seen this. Nevertheless, the unobstructed naturally available airflow is a loose MTL. You can restrict draw further by covering the USB-C port which will cinch the airflow down to be closer to that of a true MTL, or similar to the draw of a packed cigarette. If you cover the airflow hole however, you will completely obstruct the chip's auto-draw ability rendering it non-functioning.

1691367602151.png

The rubber refill tab can be quite the little bugger to get a hold of being that it's made of a silicone rubber material that's softer than I'm used to. Once you're able to get a hold of the top part of the tab, simply pull it out and downward to expose the refill hole. The hole itself is easily large enough to stick the nozzle of a big ole Chubby Gorilla bottle into it to refill. Hold the Endura S1 horizontally to maximize the use of the tank, but try your best not to fill it right up to the refill hole. This in itself will cause you more problems that skipping out on 10 or so puffs.

◆ CONCLUSION ◆

There really isn't much to the Endura S1. It holds liquid, it vapes, and it recharges. That's basically what you'd expect from a disposable. The purpose of the Endura S1 is to be a disposable that you can use your own juice and refill it, and it serves that purpose pretty well. One of the main advantages that the Endura S1 has over regular disposables is that it has the potential to last as long, it's just smaller overall since the juice reservoir doesn't have to be nearly as big. You're also able to use whatever flavor you want in them, since nobody really knows, but the manufacturers, what's in their disposable vape juice.

I've had a few run-ins between the two Endura S1's I received. About 100-300 or so puffs in, I had some wicking issues that I couldn't seem to pinpoint. There are a few factors that could have easily played into this and also my tendency to sort of abuse the products I'm reviewing to see what it can and can't handle. For one, I'm using 70/30 VG/PG juice, which the package blatantly states Innokin recommends the use of 50/50 VG/PG juice, so I'm at fault for that. Viscosity does play a role in how well a wick absorbs, transfers, and holds e-liquid. If you doubt this, leave a vape in your car on a hot summer day (but do this at your own risk). Another possible issue is that this product is meant to be vaped using an MTL (mouth-to-lung) style of draw, like you'd smoke a cigarette. I find myself often drawing using an RDL (restricted-direct-lung) which is more akin to smoking a hookah or some of that wacky tobacky. The juice ports on the coils used in the Endura S1 are pretty small, and so it could have had issues keeping up with my style of draw. Lastly, I tend to play around with airflow quite a bit when I'm able to, and this can sometimes suffocate and "cook" a coil. It's a big reason why I put a precaution when I mention modifying the airflow of a device that's not meant to be modified.

So, excluding all of the tomfoolery mentioned above, I'll be rating my experience with the Endura S1 based on how they performed prior to me extensively messing with them. The vape is smooth and almost gives my fruit-flavored juiced a surprising but pleasant dessert-like aroma. Savory would be the best way I can describe it. I could see any tobacco-flavored juices working especially well in this product.

As far as total puffs, there's really no way for me or anyone else to determine that w/out a tally counter. Also, what's a puff? When using MTL devices as they're meant to be used, I often take 3-4 consecutive mini-draws to make one big one. Is that 3-4 puffs or one?

For those that have read my reviews before, I'm straight up not a fan of conventional disposables. This doesn't affect my rating of how this product performs and whether it holds a viable place in the vaping industry, it's just a personal opinion of mine. In a world where we're running into problems with finding places to put garbage, I don't think adding millions of disposables with lithium polymer batteries inside them is a great addition. However, Innokin is attempting to try and find a middle ground where we can continually reuse a product before we dispense of it. In that regard, at least you know they're being conscientious about their blueprint designs and that I approve of. Take their recently released Aquios Bar Disposable as a prime example, where you can very easily break the entire device down and recycle it with the exception of the juice reservoir. I really wish more vape companies would adopt this kind of thinking.

(Pros, Cons, and Considerations will all be comparisons against regular pod devices)

PROS
    > It's very smol and pocket-friendly
    > No leaks what-so-ever no matter how it's stored
    > Aesthetically pleasing
    > Very easy to use
    > Fairly easy to refill
    > Mouthpiece is very comfy
    > USB-C (0.5A charging, detects QC cables)
    > Pass-through vaping available
    > Vape is smooth and savory
    > Cost-friendly

CONS
    > None

CONSIDERATIONS
    > More environmentally conscientious than conventional disposables
    > Less environmentally conscientious than pod devices
    > Soft rubber silicone refill tab can be a bugger to get a hold of sometimes
    > Not sure how many puffs to regularly expect (not that disposables are any more reliant)
    > Draw is a loose MTL
    > Can be finicky if messed with excessively

◆ OVERALL RATING ◆
    (maybe higher if I'd not messed with them so much)

Conceptually, I want to give this a 10 when pitting it against other disposable devices however, I think there's wiggle room for improvements and I suspect we'll be seeing Innokin work those out.

I hope I was able to answer most or all of any questions you may have had about the Innokin Endura S1. If you're interested in knowing more, please check out their site here. Shopping around the internet, I see them being anywhere from 7 to 10 British Pounds as of the posting of this review. Feel free to leave any questions as a response or PM me. Again, I'd like to thank Alisa and Innokin for supplying the device for this critique. Thanks for your time and...

Happy vape hoarding!

:rickroll:

Last edited:
    Reactions: dreamvaper

Users who are viewing this thread