Inferno? Good/bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spills

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
New York
I am looking to purchase an ecig to start using LR attys on. I was leaning towards buying an ego(Popular) or a Riva (Cheap price) but was told that perhaps this wasnt the best path since they arent 3.7 volts.
I was told to check out the mods and am not happy with the looks of them. I dont fancy vaping on a box or something that looks like it came outta the garage. So fishing around I came accross the Volcano website and noticed the inferno.
It says its 3.7 volts and it looks really nice cosmetically to me. So im assuming these are perfect for Lr attys and such. A few questions...

1. I see they recommend the 306 atty (cisco) for it. Would it be worth buying these ( they arent LR right?) Or should I buy some 306 LR attys from somewhere else?

2. Anything I would need to know specifically to pick up with this batt? Atm I have 510 batts so Im sure nothing will be compatible :(

3. Any advice is appreciated and I thank you in advance :D

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
The Inferno is basically the same thing as an eGo. What's nice with the Inferno starter kit is you get a 1000 mah battery and the 650 mah which has passthrough charge, charge and vape, and passthrough vaping capabilities (this is a great option when sitting in front of a computer). I don't think there is another eGo or eGo like starter kit out there that offers these two options. I vape a 306 LR exclusively with an 18650 mod and that little inferno 650 mah will keep up to it for about 2 hrs off the usb and obviously all day on the usb. Relative the Cisco, I say skip this 306 and pick up a Joye 306 LR from someone like Good Prophet (about $7). Get several of these as you will love them when you get the hang of dripping one of these bad boys. Check out Ikenvapes site for instructions on how to start dripping with a LR out of the box (this will save you much frustration). As far as Volcano is concerned, there service and delivery is impeccable. In conclusion, you won't be disappointed with the inferno and I think the combination in batts is worth the extra when looking comparatively at a $45-50 eGo (or similar) starter kit.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
Btw, I haven't had any problems with batt death on my Inferno's with a Joye 306 LR @ 1.5 ohm. Only problem is the battery life not voltage. Again, the 650 mah will push my 306 LR for about 2 hrs and then go belly up for a recharge. Side by side, if I closed my eye's, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between taking a biiiggggg drag of of the Inferno with the 650 mah batt (at 3.4-3.7v) or my mod with an 18650 LI 3000 mah (at 3.7 - 4.2v depending on charge level). I did not research what the eGo (or eGo like) and Inferno list for voltage, I am just relaying my hands on experience.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
What color Inferno?

Make sure you get some juice too. So far, I have to say I have been happiest with FSUSA and Mad Vapes juices.

Oh, one more thing, order a 5 pack of catro's from Volcano (these are the new ce2's). If nothing else, so you can try them. Get the filler siringe also. If you have a pipe cutter or dremel, I can show you how to make a little mod for the 306 that works great (out of a spent carto, just save the little cap that comes with the 306). In the meantime, when you order the 306 LR, make sure you order a delrin tip for it.

emanguba

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2010
Virginia
Excellent choice Spills. The Inferno was my second PV. My main PV is the Leo now I still use my inferno quite a bit.

+1

The Inferno was also my 2nd PV...it not only delivers, but is also quite stylish...lol!

I drip with the cisco lr306 on the Inferno...nothing but awesome...mucho TH and mucho flavor.

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
I also currently use the Inferno. Great PV and no complaints about the battery life. I currently use GP eCo LR atomizers on it and battery life is excellent. I can go about 24 hours on one battery and that is when I am vaping pretty frequently through the day.

As to the Cisco attys....well, yeah, they provide vapor and improve the flavor a bit, but it pretty consistently burned the heck out of my throat.

Anne

JonnyVapΣ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
Rochester NY
The wife has an Inferno also (red). She loves it. She's just using 2.5ohm cartomizers (so am I) mainly and sometimes drips a LR atty from Totally Wicked. Not sure what the specs are on that, though. At any rate...she loves it and it was an easy Christmas gift (a very early Christmas gift...LOL).

TheChariot

Sep 29, 2010
Western NY
I got my Inferno yesterday as a (major) upgrade from the V-series. Sadly, the 1000MaH battery seems to be non-functional and I'll have to work with them for an RMA (they're service has been excellent in the past).

I am very happy. I also got the Cisco atty and am very happy with it. It should be noted that I have no experience with LR attys and do not take mega drags when I vape, nor was I a pack/day smoker. If you're looking to maximize, it seems like an LR atty is the way to go, but the Cisco atty is no slouch.... quick, strong burn and clean flavor.

I haven't been able to kill this USB battery yet, and I gave it a solid 6 hours of semi-consistent usage. It's a solid unit despite the fact that I may have received a defective battery.

+1 on the cartomizers.... they're the way to go if you're driving for any reasonable length of time. I've been using the 306 and 510 cartos from VaporFlow and have been very happy... I don't find that a syringe is necessary either - dripping into the non-atty side gets the job done for me.

Good luck!

BlackMetalBuick

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2010
Chicago, IL
I could not be happier with my Inferno. GF loves hers as well. Unfortunately when I happened to be on the Volcano site today it looks like the Inferno starter kits are out of stock!

Mine is keeping up just fine with a LR 306 atty. Some people claim this can shorten the overall life of your battery, but Volcano has a 12 month warranty, and they sold me the LR atty, so I forsee no problems if I ever needed to warranty my battery through them.

As others have mentioned, the combo of the 1000mAh battery and the 650mAh passthrough simply can't be beat, and I don't think anyone else offers that combination. I'm so happy I have a passthrough to use while I'm at my desk. Any other kit, a passthrough would be an additional purchase you'd have to make.

Their shipping is amazing, especially considering they are in Hawaii. If you spend enough, you get free 2 day FedEx shipping.

Their juice is a little overpriced and that's the only thing I wouldn't recommend getting from them. There are vendors with much better prices, and when it comes to getting your juice in the mail, you might not want to constantly be paying for quick shipping from Hawaii.

I just read another post on the forum where someone had a dead eGo battery and found out their vendor only had a 14 day warranty. So Volcano is awesome in that aspect, 12 months, great warranty.

The Inferno costs a little bit more, but the passthrough, the nice subtle design on the batteries, the quality, and the service, is well worth it.

TheChariot

Sep 29, 2010
Western NY
I have it all cleared up now. They are sending a replacement with RMA. I'll probably have it all squared away early next week.. they're service is really impeccable. When I was using the V-series I had trouble with 2 different batteries in a # of months, and they always hooked me up with a quick RMA. Every service email I write is replied to within 1 day (sometimes within a few hours).

I'm digging the Inferno. Even with the defective 1000mAH battery I'm not even missing it. The 650 lasts me all day at work and didn't die until really late at night when I was home. I honestly probably won't even use the 1000mAH battery unless I go on a long drive, and only keep it on me as a backup. Best Holiday gift I've ever bought myself!

Knowone

Aug 12, 2010
NM, USA, Earth
What browser are you using, Whiskey? Is it fully updated?

I just fired up IE, and their cart system seemed to work just fine in it.

I'd be VERY surprised if they limited themselves to selling online to people who who use one specific browser.

Lastly, you should check out Firefox anyway. It's safer than IE (for your computer), works the same exact way, and is customizable with plugins. I, personally, can't live without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread