Increasing compatibility across atomizers/cartomizers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Hey guys - so as some of you know there are certain atomizers that don't fit right with our Alpha's. Thus leaving us to sanding the atomizer/cartomizer connections and I, for one, hate the idea of possibly vaping metal dust. Sooo I decided to order a tap to make the connection more friendly to other vendors equipment.

What you will need: (what I used, anyways)

Cutting Oil
7mm x .5 High Speed Plug Tap
Tap wrench or other wrench to utilize tap
Atomizer Interface for Alpha mod

Gently thread tap into atomizer interface until it is snug. Make sure to visually inspect that the tap took to the threads with proper orientation so that you don't cross thread or damage the existing threads. Apply a small dab of cutting oil to the tap and attach tap wrench. Gently turn as if you were tightening the tap into the atomizer interface. After every two to three full turns, add a little more cutting oil and reverse the direction, then resume "tightening" the tap into the interface. Doing so in this fashion will help ensure that the threads are smooth. Continue until the tap is fully through the threads in the atomizer interface (about an inch is sufficient).

Note: Do not attempt this with the switch installed in the atomizer interface. You could possibly damage the switch!

Links:
Amazon.com: 7mm x .5 High Speed Steel Plug Tap: Home Improvement
Amazon.com: General Tools 166 No.12 to 1/2-Inch Plain Tap Wrench: Home Improvement
Amazon.com: 64113 Tbe Cut Oil 1/3fl Oz: Home Improvement
(You could use your own, but these granted me 100% success)

I'll admit, I'm more of a geek than anything - but this was a very simple process. After completion, I test fit with several atomizers and cartomizers and none require sanding now.

Vendors Tested:

Cisco, IkenVape, Boge, Joye, Bauway, GotVapes Fluxomizers, SLB

All vendors fit with 100% success now!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Now... to go buy some analogs because my switch pellet decided to run away from home and I can't find it. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread