Increased Throat Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Never added water I rinse with vodka after cleaning. Does it snap, crackle, pop?

I use vodka as well...Just curious how long you let it soak and do you usually dry burn after? I have noticed that I ruin too many wicks when I dry burn, so the vodka seems to gets the taste back to neutral before refilling. I also soak the vodka off with water when I'm done.

ForeverTwoWheels

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2013
Peculiar
I use vodka as well...Just curious how long you let it soak and do you usually dry burn after? I have noticed that I ruin too many wicks when I dry burn, so the vodka seems to gets the taste back to neutral before refilling. I also soak the vodka off with water when I'm done.

I just rinse with water then rinse with vodka, shake out, fill the tank and vape, might let it sit 5min. I don't soak anything, I tried a carto once and didn't think it did much, now when I use a tank it's a bottom feeder like the Pro Tank or T3 and I rebuild the coils myself.

danny4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
London
Exchaner:9994697 said:
I may have accidentally found a way to increase the throat hit of VG juices by adding a tiny amount of water. My purpose was to thin down the liquid but I guess the increased amount of vapor production also affected the TH. Has anyone else noticed this effect or am I just imagining...

No offense, but it's all in your head.
If you take a break from vaping for awhile, you may also find increased throat hit. As you continue vaping, TH diminishes. It's just your throat becoming less sensitive or used to the TH.
So I guess what happened was that you were playing/mixing with your juices, and hadn't taken a vape for some time. So the first vape kicks you in the throat.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I may have accidentally found a way to increase the throat hit of VG juices by adding a tiny amount of water. My purpose was to thin down the liquid but I guess the increased amount of vapor production also affected the TH. Has anyone else noticed this effect or am I just imagining...

Thoat hit is provided 90% by the nicotine level of the eliquid. VG mutes the TH from nicotine to a degree and PG lets more of it come through. Thinning out the VG with water could allow more of the TH from the nicotine to come through, but my guess is the change would be quite small. Warmer vapor also enhances TH. Additives do not provide TH like nicotine does.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Water decreases throat hit (and to my taste, makes the vape taste weak and crappy). Water either screws up the vape or, if you use enough wattage to power through it, produces steam which is flavorless and, again to my taste, gross.

My guess is you had a thick juice wicking issue solved with water, improving your vape with a specific juice. If so, vape on with what works!

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Thoat hit is provided 90% by the nicotine level of the eliquid. VG mutes the TH from nicotine to a degree and PG lets more of it come through. Thinning out the VG with water could allow more of the TH from the nicotine to come through, but my guess is the change would be quite small. Warmer vapor also enhances TH. Additives do not provide TH like nicotine does.

What you say about VG muting TH makes sense except when you try Ecopure from Intellicig. At 15 mg, it has a better TH than any PG liquid at 18 or 20. Does anyone know how they achieve that? It can't be the flavoring because they only use 4 ingredients. Ethyl Maltol is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread