Income from Vaping..?

Should posters that earn income from vaping be identified as such?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • I don't have an opinion on the matter at this time.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I haven't really thought it through. I'm sort of egalitarian on the topic personally and unless you are a vendor (and should be identified as such) I'm not sure whether the popularity of your vaping opinions and/or the like, work you put in to MAKING them popular should matter that much. I don't care how much you make on your youtube channel and usually when I get offered a mod to review, I turn it DOWN, mainly because I don't think I'm that great a reviewer and for me, vaping is fun, not work.

I think the fact that most really worthy vape folks may also have a knack for making money from it should be irrelevant. For me, vaping is FUN and I am inexpert on enough stuff plus I like my money making to be "separate" from my work, I'm a horrible disseminator of my own skills and abilities, I might do something INCREDIBLY well (ahem, like poetry for instance) but I have found that as far as I'm concerned my poetry only got fantastic when I was like, "I am doing this for love of the craft," but I don't submit to poetry journals because, that's boring and chore like and I do better just SWEATING for someone else under THEIR structure, quite frankly.

And I'm not saying the two are mutually exclusionary for ANYONE but me, because you can have deep and abiding craft but NO ability to market yourself. Sadly, I am one such person...

So no, I don't think it should be required, the "I make money off vaping" and most people who do, well you probably KNOW they do anyway, besides which, the only time where it SHOULD be declared (but is usually caught) is in those enthusiastic "OMG I bought my FIRST JUUL and I am COMPLETE" and they usually suck so supremely, they're outed anyway. Etc.

Anna

Reactions: MrsWood

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
If anyone is making money making and selling products for a living (not like the classies) they aren't supposed to be a member here, without the proper disclosure and paperwork done. They do have a special designation under their name and also have their own set of rules.....like being very careful what they post outside their own areas.

I'm sure you've all seen "unauthorized distributor" for reasons a post is deleted.

So, much of your question is already handled by ECF. We pretty much are "just vapers/consumers."

However, I do see there are more vape shop employees and such around that aren't in the business so much as simply have a part time job or sell to friends their own DIY or such. It could be good to have a designation for that, but I see nightmares in trying to moderate it.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Does a person's position relative to the vaping industry influence the content of their posts on ECF?

Unregistered suppliers aren't permitted to post on ECF. Those that are affiliated with the industry and have registered with ECF have a very strict set of rules that they must adhere to in order to participate on ECF.

• Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread