In Public-A few tip's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knifemaker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2010
Central Texas
I posted this else where here on the forum, but felt it important e'nuf to post where more vaper's would be able to see it, and may be, be helped a little by it.
KnifeMaker
#137 Knifemaker
  • profile.png
    View Profile
  • forum.png
    View Forum Posts
  • message.png
    Private Message
  • blog.png
    View Blog Entries
user-online.png

Full Member ECF Veteran
Join DateJan 2010LocationCentral TexasPosts107

[h=2]
icon1.png
copd patient[/h]
As far as I am concerned, I do not smoke. I use Advaire Diskus Inhalator, along with Ventolin HFA Inhalator.
I used, and still use a V-3 to aid in my quest to stop smokeing. And it has worked wonders.

The Dr.'s that work my case, see the V-3 as just one of the tools used to fight my COPD condition.
The Hospital where they work is VERY Non-Smokeing! Yet they see the V-3 From Pure-Smoker as really helping in the control of my symtoms. ( In keeping tobbaco products out of my life) In other words, as far as I am concerned, The V-3 is a vaporizer, or inhalator. (You may prefer the term nebulizer) I do not refer to it as an E-Cig.

What is the difference you may ask? To you and I, as vaporers, nothing. But when I first showed it to the Dr.'s, I presented it as a vaporizer. Not an E-Cig. The reaction was very positive. They were very courious, and inquisitive about it. In the Past, in similar situations, when questioned about the V-3, I learned that if I introduced it as an electronic Cig.,or E-Cig, the reactions in similar venues was immediately hostal. The first thing on the questioners mind became Cig's. Not a device to help the patient, but rather a device to cause harm. I had already Planted the seed of a cigaratte in their minds. I had already lost the battle before it started.
It has been mentioned on the forum's many times. We should in most cases, NOT introduce them as E-Cigs. Other than to actual smokers that may want to try them to quit real cigs. ( As this helps most times in the explination and transition from tobacco. As if they don't first see it as a real Cig, they wont even try it. This is one of the reasons most first time E-cig. purchacers want a device that looks like a real Cig. You know. The people we call Noob's.)
We are our own worst enemy here Folks.

If the Lady in question had said NO! I don't smoke, The device I question I was useing is an Inhaleator, more than likely, that would have been the end of it.

We are many times our own worst enemy. A little fore thought and common sense can go a long way.
We need to learn to dodge and get around the typical beuracrats trying to control all our lives. Whether Government, or self important Hotel managers. They are not the only one's who can use words and phrases to their advantage.
Learn the lingo, and use it on them.
Screws them up every time!I have used this technique in Resturants, Bar's, Malls, Departmant Stores, Hospitals, You name it. It has worked every time.

Remember, Stealth is your friend! But there are still times when you get caught. In every case, when aproached, and questioned, or told, SIR, THIS is a NO SMOKING Est.! (You have all heard these stern, condecending remarks), I reply, Yes Sir, Or Mam, I don't smoke. "Period". The next thing out of their mouths is, then what is that? I reply- I have a lung disease, and this is my vaporiser. I say this in a firm, as a mater of fact, and confident way. In almost each and every case, the store employee, or Mgr, immediately apologises. :2cool: The only other resposne I have ever gotten was, " Oh, That different" I have never seen anything like that before. ;-)(I love it when that happens!)

Word of caution here. It helps "A Lot"! if the device doesn't look like a Real Cig! And words printed on it like E-Cig, Smoke and smoker, you have already lost. It won't help in you efforts. Neither will little blinking lights. This is where the common sense part comes in. If it doesn't look like a Cig, in many peoples mind, it isn't a Cig.!;-)
In fact, I am thinking about having a medical staff logo etched on the V-3, or Med. Vaporiser etched on it.
Since I can etch it on myself, Might as well do it!:2cool:

Try to control your life rather than letting strangers do it for you. I think you will find that life is more enjoyable.;-) I mean, isn't this why many of us switched to E's in the first place?

I have been smoke free for almost two years now. (as of Jan. 2nd), and will Never go back to analogs. Unless the damed gov. ( Read FDA), in it's ignorance Ban's or E's!

KnifeMaker​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread