Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I'm an hour away, but if I were a little closer, I'd be happy to help. I'll help however I can via the forum or whatever you would like.

BTW, have you tried the Vapor Trading Company on Westheimer? Or there's others on Hwy 6, and another one or two on Westheimer. The VTC on 10 wouldn't be much help. It's new and the workers they had in there were young and didn't know anything the last time I went in there.

Last edited:

ItsCrysis

May 3, 2013
Katy, TX
thatmank,
I dont think im a murdered but at the same time nobody has told me either.
pwheeler,
I have been to a couple of places but its seems like all the places I go i know more that them... and i dont think i know alot.
Right now I have a Hana mod with a BIG Dripper on it. But every time I try to run duel coil (using 26 gauge) I cant seem to get it to heat up quickly.
Last build was .5 and it took for every to heat up but I can make a single coil at 1.0 and heats up right away. I love flavor but I really love vapor.
Help me

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I run a dual coil Odin on 2 of my mods. Try using 6-7wrap 28g on a 1/16" mandrel, screwdriver, what have you, but somewhere around 1.5mm. I find 26g does take too long to heat up and the residual heat is there for some time, too while it cools. That wrap will still get you in the .5Ω range, but you'll find it's more responsive. Also, make sure your coils are exactly the same, and check it out before wicking to make sure they heat evenly and at the same time, correcting hot legs, doing adjustments to heat them at the same time.

amtseung

Sep 22, 2014
California
thatmank,
I dont think im a murdered but at the same time nobody has told me either.
pwheeler,
I have been to a couple of places but its seems like all the places I go i know more that them... and i dont think i know alot.
Right now I have a Hana mod with a BIG Dripper on it. But every time I try to run duel coil (using 26 gauge) I cant seem to get it to heat up quickly.
Last build was .5 and it took for every to heat up but I can make a single coil at 1.0 and heats up right away. I love flavor but I really love vapor.
Help me

From my knowledge, a Hana mod maxes out at 30Watts with its DNA30 chip inside (or was it 50?!). A 0.5ohm coil needs 35.28 watts to heat up properly. If your device only goes to 30watts, you're 5watts short from running the coil at maximum efficiency. On the other hand, a 1.0ohm coil only takes 17 watts, so it can be run effectively on a 30W device. If you're really looking for vapour, start by looking at your airflow. Balancing airflow effectively is key to blowing big clouds, as is proper coil positioning and wick density. Learning to judge these factors on the fly will help the big plumes float across the street. I'm not very familiar with flavour-chasing because I'm not a flavour-chaser. I'm a cloud-chasing nob, and I get good flavour and massive plumes with builds at 0.15 and below, just from sheer volume, rather than refined vapourising technique.

Good luck and happy vaping! Make sure you do a bit of refreshing on Ohm's Law before you proceed any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread