impatience, frustration.. no local stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsarrow

Dec 25, 2010
Colorado
I ordered my ecig kit last week and I spoke via chat with the company today, hoping it will be here by the end of the week... but I have been glued to this site learning so much and wondering if what I ordered is really going to do it for me. I have managed to keep from ordering more stuff until I get my first kit and can try it... I want my instant gratification and it's driving me crazy!

Which has caused me to wonder, beside the annoyingly overpriced Kiosks in the malls, why are there no stores devoted to this stuff in my area (Colorado Springs)... my goodness it would be a financial winfall in this area... with the air force academy, two AF bases, NORAD command and an Army base all within a 30 minute drive... my goodness there is a real possibility here! I've noticed in a lot of posts where others have a similar issue of not having a local place to go purchase and having to wait on the mail is a real problem. Why is that? Is it because of the FDA and the Ban issue? Wouldn't more brick and mortar locations help with the stigma and education of non-smokers?

This assuming that is isn't just the start up and monthly fees of a B&M arent the issue.

Thoughts?

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
i live at the largest military installation in the world (Ft Hood)...i have posted before my idea about this.
luckily for me, and kinda ironic, though i work for the military, i live an hour away out in the country....and 20 minutes further is my supplier Breezesmokes! (in a VERY small rural town). i love going there and smelling all the juices and picking them out, and knowing that i NEVER have to worry about waiting for my eGo parts to be shipped if i need them, or run out of juice.
i do, however, buy alot of stuff from other suppliers.

redsarrow

Dec 25, 2010
Colorado
Custom Vapors | Colorado Springs, CO | E-Cigarettes, Vaporizors, JOYE-510

6805 Lost Springs dr, Colorado Springs, CO
(719) 439-3645 ‎

found on google.... prices don't seem particularly awesome, but something local IS always nice

I saw that when I googled, but that is a residential address and I suppose in a pinch would work, but the thought of driving to some dudes house to pick up supplies would make me feel like I am doing something illegal LOL. Maybe it is the girly girl in me, but there is something about going to a legitimate store and looking and touching and smelling

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
In my area, there's one smoke shop that carries limited stock of e-cigs and supplies, but it's mainly a pipe and cigar shop. Brick and mortar retailing is tough. It was tough before the advent of the internet and online shopping. It's even harder now. Many don't make it and there are fewer and fewer people willing to take the risk, especially on an emerging industry.

Zod

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake
I think the issue is not only the FDA big brother trying to kill our community but the thin profit margin many of the basement/garage outfits operate under. You'll find many of our suppliers don't do this as a primary source of income but more of a supplement while doing something they love. This alone is likely why our customer service is top notch compared to any other industry. When you love it and you're on a first name basis with your customers you care what they think.

To support the overhead a true, tv/radio advertised brick and mortar storefront would demand would require heavy patronage from locals and/or higher prices that could never compete with online outfits. If the FDA gives up and public awareness reaches critical mass I'm sure you'd likely see our products popping up in smoke shops first then their own dedicated shops.

Be patient. Considering how relatively new vaping is it's already spreading like wildfire and I'd be surprised if you couldn't walk into any smoke shop this time next year and get your eGo batteries replaced. I already get more reactions of "is that one of those electronic cigarettes?" instead of simply "what the hell is that?"

Klute

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
Redsarrow.... You can go to the Chapel Hill Mall and on the 2nd floor next to the food cart there is a Kiosk that sells ejuice in a bind but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. Emergency Only.... There is a site out of Monument that just started up but have not tried yet. I think its a online store only... PM if you need 911 juice... *lol* I live in the Springs and have searched all over....

Klute

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
I visited a great brick and mortar store when I was out in Spokane Washington the Vapor Room. It was so cool to actually go into a store and taste ejuice before you buy it and actually touch and feel products and talk with someone about products. But with Brick and Mortar comes overhead and I can see that it would be tough to keep up with the Internet Prices. We are all our worst enemy sometimes... :)

Infernia

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
North Carolina
Think of the money that could be made at the airports. Before vaping = OMG gone nuts waiting the designated 1-2hrs after passing through security. People would pay whatever it took for an e-cig. Though I'm not promoting price gouging (all airports already do that enough). I just think that there are huge markets waiting to be filled.
Still it is a shame that local shops are afraid to carry e-cigs or supplies until the controversy abates.

redsarrow

Dec 25, 2010
Colorado
I thought for sure there would be something in Manitou or even up in Castle Rock... who knows, maybe I'll hit the lottery and I can open one of my own (or finance one, someone who actually knows what they are talking about should probably run it LOL).. maybe I should actually play some numbers LOL.

I may take you up on your offer if I get desperate!

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
AIRPORTS! what a GREAT IDEA!
and i have always said hair salons.............think about how long women sit in a hair salon....

Think of the money that could be made at the airports. Before vaping = OMG gone nuts waiting the designated 1-2hrs after passing through security. People would pay whatever it took for an e-cig. Though I'm not promoting price gouging (all airports already do that enough). I just think that there are huge markets waiting to be filled.
Still it is a shame that local shops are afraid to carry e-cigs or supplies until the controversy abates.

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
i live at the largest military installation in the world (Ft Hood)...i have posted before my idea about this.
luckily for me, and kinda ironic, though i work for the military, i live an hour away out in the country....and 20 minutes further is my supplier Breezesmokes! (in a VERY small rural town). i love going there and smelling all the juices and picking them out, and knowing that i NEVER have to worry about waiting for my eGo parts to be shipped if i need them, or run out of juice.
i do, however, buy alot of stuff from other suppliers.

Just looked at Breezesmokes and it's just down the highway from me. I've been thinking of upgrading to an eGo, but they just carry the Riva. Do you know if the Riva works as well as a genuine Joye eGo? I currently use a 510 and I can tell a big difference between my Joye products and generic 510 kits.

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I don't own a Riva, but I have a bunch of Joye eGos (among other PVs) and those certainly have not been immune to failures. They both come from China and both are produced with the same quality assurance, or lack of. They're probably even made in the same factories or at least share some of the same sub-assemblies. My feeling would be it probably doesn't make any difference.

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
don is getting the eGo with a 1000mah battery this week or next. email him at breezesmokes@yahoo.com
he is VERY responsive, helpful....very nice guy.
try his cinnamon pear!
get a mega eGo cylindrical atomizer and cartridges also, and mega eGo cartomizers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A MUST, IN MY BOOK!

Just looked at Breezesmokes and it's just down the highway from me. I've been thinking of upgrading to an eGo, but they just carry the Riva. Do you know if the Riva works as well as a genuine Joye eGo? I currently use a 510 and I can tell a big difference between my Joye products and generic 510 kits.

Last edited:

SonHomme

Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
BC
I found something local to me(bc), it was overpriced and broke right away.
So I jumped for it and ordered the ego kit from LF with the ECF coupon code. Along with 5 XL cartomizers and a 30ml bottle of apple juice.
Even with $20 shipping to Canadia, it still is cheaper than the same kit sold by canadian retailers.plus I get the cartridges and juice free in comparison.
I hope custom lets it through and that I get it fast :)
there seems to be quite a few retailers in your area with a good rep.
Lucky you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread