Status
Not open for further replies.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Wow, that is crazy. I guess when I saw stuff like this I always assumed it was for illegal drugs. I still can't help but feel like there is something wrong with using it. Do they inhale? Cause I have always convinced myself that since I don't inhale my cigars, and only taste the smoke, its more dignified, and safer. I mean cigars are so amazingly complex, I feel like adding flavors and stuff makes it just as bad as going to a gas station and getting a peach swisher sweet

Most people I've smoked hookah with inhale.

Not inhaling is no more safe……it just changes where the cancer hits you. Nicotine is absorbed through mucous membranes anyway, so you still get it from not inhaling either……just less of it because you don't have the particulate settling on your lungs. No safer, and no more dignified.

And there's a big difference between good sheesha (flavored tobacco for hookas) and flavored swishers. The tobacco itself is cigar/pipe quality……it's just also soaked in molasses and flavored. Swishers………are sold for the wrapping to put other things in. AFAIK, the people who smoke them aren't in on the joke.

Last edited:

steffanan

Nov 7, 2011
sidney montana
Wait, there is no way that that tobacco can be the same quality of cigars. Cigars are carefully monitored and aged for years, and the reason they have to be treated so specially is because they don't have flavorings and you pay for the quality of the leaf. Swishers are paper and stuff, I know, I'm just saying how its flavoured and not natural. And also its way way way worse for you to inhale. Its insane that you could think that just because there are ways for it to get into your bloodstream other than your lungs, they are all the same. There is a reason that one inhale of a cigar will make you throw up, yet two hours of puffing on them will not even let you feel the nicotine.

steffanan

Nov 7, 2011
sidney montana
One of my most pleasurable moments is smoking a cigar. Out of thousands of them, no two taste alike. There are subtle flavors tae take concentration to pick out, and cigars can have little changes while they burn. All of this complexity not from oils, or sprayed on flavors, just from pure tobacco leaf. The finest tobacco from different countries is carefully aged for years as it loses harshness. Nothing artificial at all. Cigars aren't made for getting nicotine, or for blowing smoke rings, they are there for people like me who truely enjoy them for what they are. If someone is dumb enough to think these beauties that I just described should be inhaled, I fully hope they puke their brains out.

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
Puzzled as to why anyone who doesn't smoke would vape unless as a way to avoid smoking.
I don't think anyone, especially kids will think vaping is cool, it doesn't have the kudos of smoking and never will. Vaping is geeky now, the best it can hope for is to be seen as cleverer than smoking.
OTOH I wouldn't condemn anyone for vaping from a nonsmoking start, people are free to do what they will, and if it a choice of smoking to look cool or vaping to look cool.. no contest.

steffanan

Nov 7, 2011
sidney montana
Puzzled as to why anyone who doesn't smoke would vape unless as a way to avoid smoking.
I don't think anyone, especially kids will think vaping is cool, it doesn't have the kudos of smoking and never will. Vaping is geeky now, the best it can hope for is to be seen as cleverer than smoking.
OTOH I wouldn't condemn anyone for vaping from a nonsmoking start, people are free to do what they will, and if it a choice of smoking to look cool or vaping to look cool.. no contest.

well, since you don't see why, ill give you my reason I started. I got really into cigars one summer and was pretty bummed when winter hit. Smoking a cigar for two hours in the snow isn't fun. I wanted to find a way to smoke indoors without smell, or in my vehicle, or anything so I could smoke a few times during winter. My google search for "smoke indoors with no smell" obviously hit me with a wave of ecigs, e-pipes, and E CIGARS! I did hours and hours of research to find an ecigar that I could puff on indoors during the winter. I eventually found out that even the best eliquid doesn't really resemble a real cigar, but hey, what's wrong with the flavors for ecigs? No longer was it a replacement cigar, but a fun, tasty thing to puff on indoors. The idea that this thing didn't smell, and made what looked like real smoke, could be mine.. Oh yeah, I got obsessed. Months of research on this forum and thousands of review videos later, I'm here, I'm a vaper, and I have never tried a real cigarette in my life!

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
IMO and I say this with the up most respect to any non-smoker "If you don't smoke, don't vape!" I really believe that Ecigs are a tobacco harm reduction method and for a non-smoker to pick up "vaping" as a fade or enjoyment without any connection to nic will effect (in the long run) the purpose of a Ecig. This to me will lead to many and all the soon to be "bad" points of vaping and ammo for any non-smoking advocate,FDA, and so on to say "see I told you there bad news".
With that said if you are a non-smoker and are thinking of smoking a cigarette then yea vape DUH! But if you don't plan or never will smoke a cigarette PLEASE DON"T start now ;) I personally would be proud to have never smoked but that's not the case I was a smoker and Ecig's helped me quit.
I do see/understand the allure of vaping and being a vapor because well we're awesome lmao. Personally I don't plan to quit vaping anytime soon because to me it's a healthy alternative and a fun one at that. (double edge sword anyone lol) Like I said though if I didn't have Ecigs I would be smoking cigarettes while at the same time slowly killing myself.

DISCLAIMER:This is my opinion only and I don't/will not speak for everyone.

Sorry for the RANT but I felt it needed to be said.

It's a general statement on most vaping supplies websites concerning this. At first I found it kinda strange to state something like that, but I really don't have strong feelings about the matter.

I guess I never thought of it as a smoking cessation device but rather an alternative, and that seems to be the general sentiment concerning e-cigs among friend/family/etc. And as such, it is regarded as a negative, just as smoking is. And so, I'm a closet vaper, just as I was a closet smoker. Some know/knew I was a smoker, some now know I vape, and I think to those who suspected I smoked now think I quit since I don't smell. :p

I suppose I could liken vaping to alcohol. When you're old enough you can go out and enjoy it in moderation and there should be no social stigmas attached. You're an adult and it's legal so you can do what you want.

I also don't see much harm in consuming zero nicotine, as any of the possible harmful effects could be comparable to many things we're exposed to daily in our environments, be it in the air, drinking water, food, etc.

I got into smoking because I found it helped calm me down since I've dealt with crippling panic and anxiety, among other things. Had prescriptions but there's only so much those can do. It started with being offered it with my first real drink in college, had some friends who smoked regularly but I never did, but then did occasionally but this coincided with a period of self harm/mutilation and so I would put the cigarettes out on myself. And so smoking for me became a much more solitary act. Got kicked outta school for cutting/burning/self harm and could only go back if I stopped, so fast-forward and my coping mechanism eventually became smoking. I just mention this to explain where my views originate.

I also sorta see it as a breathing technique tool. At least, that's what cigarettes also helped me with. :p Concentrate on my breathing when I'd get panicked, and then the added smoke and nicotine would kick in and calm me down. :p

I don't see any media concerning smoking or vaping, so I guess I don't understand the hullabaloo. I have to specifically go out there and search for this stuff. But also, I live in a secluded rural area with no TV and alls I got is this DSL connection between me and the outside world. The owls and deer here don't fill me in on their opinions on the matter, but they've never judged me either way so I like that.

East

Oct 16, 2012
Ohio
I viewed an interesting youtube video by an individual who was a nonsmoker. This individual was looking to lose weight and decided to get 0mg liquid in sweet flavors in order to satiate their desire for sweets. I think this is actually a pretty good idea. There wasn't any inhalation involved either on his part or his recommendations to others who might look at this as an option to lose weight.

Salt&PePPer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Bakersfield
Some Doctor is going to use eCigs as a way for Nicotine Cession soon enough - it won't be FDA approved but somewhere it's going to happen. Or someone who isn't a doctor will do the same thing and sell it on late night television during an Infomercial.

Someone is going to have to do some half-whole hour Infomercial late at night one of these days. Once someone tries to start selling PVs on TV and not the simple Cig-a-like eCiggie. For instance I see the commercial for Blu on BBC America but it only tends to be early in the morning. Guess they know their target audience, an American Bloke watching BBC America because they want totally unbiased news.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Or someone who isn't a doctor will do the same thing and sell it on late night television during an Infomercial.
Not sure how much it matters to you, but that is one thing that definitely won't happen.
Advertising electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation will get you shut down by the FDA in short order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread