IMHO: New JC Formulas for Tenn Cured, Vanilla and Peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Got my new Johnson Creek formulas for Tenn Cured, French Vanilla and Summer Peach. IMHO: Tad bit more caramel/vanilla in Tenn Cured, with a little bit more aftertaste, though overall better than previous formula; French Vanilla definitely better than Vanilla Ice Cream, as it has significantly more vanilla flavor to it; I could not tell the difference between Summer Peach and Peach Cobbler.

When using my 510, I get good throat hit with just about any 18 mg juice.

I've given up trying to top off my 901's--just too messy. Especially where I plan to use it most--in my car. So I'm currently trying to find a good pre-filled vanilla. Throat hit not that important.

:) Dave W.

Carlee

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Burlington Y'all, KY
Got my new Johnson Creek formulas for Tenn Cured, French Vanilla and Summer Peach. IMHO: Tad bit more caramel/vanilla in Tenn Cured, with a little bit more aftertaste, though overall better than previous formula; French Vanilla definitely better than Vanilla Ice Cream, as it has significantly more vanilla flavor to it; I could not tell the difference between Summer Peach and Peach Cobbler.

I'm glad to hear your review......thanks.

I have the Tennessee Cured, Summer Peach, Chocolate Truffle and Espresso on order......I couldn't pass by JC's sale.....grin.

kaeo773

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2009
Chicago USA
www.modernvapor.com
  • Deleted by PTJD
  • Reason: Supplier comment

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I'm glad to hear your review......thanks.

I have the Tennessee Cured, Summer Peach, Chocolate Truffle and Espresso on order......I couldn't pass by JC's sale.....grin.
I wished I had passed on the Johnson Creek sale. I am thinking of sending them back. The only juice out of the 4 bottles I purchase that was good is the Summer Peach. So very disappointed in the Tennessee Cured.

Robert

Moved On
Jun 18, 2009
San Diego, CA.
hmm....hmm.......maybe no........hmm... yes......hmm...no...hmmm

I ordered some a few days ago Ten Curred and espresso....I hope there good....

hmmm....maybe....hmmm..er no.....hmmm..yes....

I'm crazy so you know I'll be back to tell ya'all what I think!! woo hoo crazy!

hmmm.... maybe......no..... hmmm...er yes....no.....hmmm.......

Last edited:

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Flash update :)

I'm finding I need to keep the new Tenn Cured juice out of my mouth more than with the old formula. I did like Tenn Cured in that it hardly had any flavor except a smoky taste. I plan to look for a different regular juice for tobacco flavor. UNLESS OF COURSE JC GOES BACK TO THE OLD FORMULA FOR TENN CURED--HINT, HINT...

Until then I'm open for suggestions on a different tobacco-flavored juice with very little flavor.

I still think French Vanilla is better than Vanilla Ice Cream and I still can't tell the difference in the peaches.

Dave W.

andel11

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Bay Area, Ca
I was really disappointed in the Expresso flavor. Not even close to my Kona. It's like comparing burnt Gloria Jean's or Starbucks to a smooth cup of Gevalia. It's a sad, sad day for kona lovers.

Sia
I couldn't of said it better, I too am disappointed in the Expresso Flavor, I still have one 30ml of Kona and will have to use it cautiously since they no longer make it, I am sending their Expresso, New Tobacco and Tennessee Curd Flavors back, I will keep the Summer Peach which is ok and mix it sometimes with my Peach Clobber. Not happy at all with the new flavors.
From another Kona lover.

Carlee

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Burlington Y'all, KY
I ordered some a few days ago Ten Curred and espresso....I hope there good....

I got my order today and I'm vaping the espresso right now...I love it!! I added it to a cart that had Vanilla Ice Cream...it's very yummy. The Kona was mild but the Espresso is strong and bold.

I think maybe some are disappointed because they are hoping Espresso will be close in taste to Kona.....it's not....it's a totally different flavor. I want to try my other flavors...and I will....as soon as I can tear myself away from Espresso...

Randyrtx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Cedar Park, TX
I received a bottle of the "new formula" Tennessee Cured yesterday, and find it to be absolutely horrid. It has a strong undertone that I can only describe as burned rubber; not exactly, but I can't think of a closer description. Previously, TC was by far my favorite flavor from any supplier.

I contacted JC support to return it to see if it was a bad batch. I strongly hope it was. But, based on the other comments in this thread, I'm afraid it wasn't and this is the "new" taste.

If so, I'm not happy about the change. I had hoped to mix low and 0 mg to lower my nicotine intake; looks like I'll have to locate a different supplier.

vietladin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2009
I am very confused. My bottle of new forumula vanilla, doesn't have any taste of vanilla. It tastes more like a menthol. Has anyone else experienced this? I wrote to JC, and they told me since both of those flavors are made in 2 different parts of the warehouse, it's impossible for them to mislabel the bottles. They are sending me a pre-paid envelope, to send back my bottle though. Maybe, I got a bad batch? I smoked the vanilla ice cream in vg, and it was really good. I'm just going to send it back, and hope they will listen to everyones complaints. From what i've read, there are more complaints, than compliments regarding this new version.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I've compared JC's French Vanilla with old vanilla ice cream and two other brands of vanilla. To me, the vanilla flavor in French Vanilla kicks .... over the other three.

But I've been waiting a week to receive my latest JC order for French Vanilla. And that was after having one hell of time even being able to order it.

As long as this horrid situation is occuring at JC, I will FOR SURE keep looking for both tobacco and vanilla replacements! Anyone wants to chime in with suggestions, please do so now...

:) Dave

I got an order of JC's juice: Espresso, French Vanilla and Peach all in 24mg strength. I was quite disappointed in all the flavors because I was expecting them to all be as good as Kona, which was my first flavor that I ever ordered from them. They are also burning really harsh on my Joye510 to the point where I can't even vape them anymore. Could it be the new formula or the strength that I am using? Is anyone else having this problem with the Joye510 and JC's juice in 24mg strength?

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
Well my experience is that a lot of juices burn my throat. I'm starting a thread in General Discussion to solicit some help.

However, I do experience more burning when juice level is low. A topoff is my cure for this...just adding a drop or two prior to vaping. This is just one reason why I can't understand how one could use an ecig that was not easy to top off.

Dave

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
I wished I had passed on the Johnson Creek sale. I am thinking of sending them back. The only juice out of the 4 bottles I purchase that was good is the Summer Peach. So very disappointed in the Tennessee Cured.

Got that right! Tennessee Cured was my favorite until they changed it. I just received the new version and it's awful in comparison. Maybe it's just me, but out of my Prodigy all the JC flavors tasted funky; the first few puffs had a petroleum taste, like sewing machine oil. :p

I won't be ordering any more from Johnson Creek, at least not until I hear they've gone back to their old formulas.

Got that right! Tennessee Cured was my favorite until they changed it. I just received the new version and it's awful in comparison. Maybe it's just me, but out of my Prodigy all the JC flavors tasted funky; the first few puffs had a petroleum taste, like sewing machine oil. :p

I won't be ordering any more from Johnson Creek, at least not until I hear they've gone back to their old formulas.

I had the same feeling about the TC from JC. The smell of the juice was bad. Very strong vanilla. I put it away in my juice storage box. I opened the box a couple of days later and everything smelled like vanilla. A week later I was forced to use the TC because of juice shortage and noticed that it wasn't nearly as strong as far as the vanilla went. I actually enjoyed it and ordered another bottle once I could find it at 24Mg. I'm wondering if they are using a very volatile vanilla flavoring that evaporates off quickly once it s exposed to air. Just a thought.

wdave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
I guess I should wait before trying to be a professional critic :)

I now agree with most of you in this post about TC and Peach. Their aftertaste is INTOLERABLE.

French Vanilla is stronger than other vanillas, though I really would rather have chocolate anyway. And I'm still waiting on my last order to get here after two weeks.

So to JC:

Na-na-na-na Na-na-na-na Hey hey goodbye. <--What is this?

:) Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread