• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm Under alot of stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepy jean

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Jerome, Idaho, USA
Hi Lady's, My husband's father passed away today in Calif, it really is a blessing, he was 92 and suffering but it's coming at a bad time for us, me especially, I have end of the month billing for our business and of course Easter which includes 3 birthday celibrations, but that we can put on hold, the real problum is they don't know when they can have the funeral because of the Easter weekend, we live in Idaho so it will take our family 2 day's getting there and again 2 day's comeing home and the billing is the main concern as thats our livelyhood, I guess what I'm asking is that those of you that believe in prayer, will say a prayer for me to give me peace, I really need that right now. The forum has become such a family and I love you all.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Jean, I am sorry for your loss, even when it is a Blessing to the suffering, it still hurts.
As for your problem. How portable are your records? Can some of this be done on a laptop enroute? Does the place you must travel to have a computer set up you can borrow?
If you do what you can at home can you finish what you need to while you are gone?
Business must come first..but so does family. can hubby go on ahead? maybe let you fly or take a train or bus after you get done?
The one good thing about cremation was that I could choose when I wanted to Bury Mom. I had to co-ordinate with 3 cousins from other states and cities as well as my kids.

sleepy jean

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Jerome, Idaho, USA
Bless you both, we'll be traveling with family so unless I travel in the trunk, doing business on the road won't work, but it will get done when it get's done, I'v decided not to let it overwhelm me, creamation is out of the question, his family does not believe in it, although I do, I think right now because everything is up in the air and we don't know what's going on is whats causeing most of the stress, but I already feel better being able to let it out here, tomorrow will be a new day and we'll know what's going on. It's strange, my mom is 91 and my husbands mom is 91 and his dad was 92 and they all live in Calif so you know in your heart you'll get that phone call some day but when you do get it, it seem's unreal some how. Any way I really appreciate you guys and I am feeling better, just needed someone to talk to. Your Special.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Jean, sometimes just typing it out seems to release the stress! That's how I got thru my mom's last illness and death. The people here were so supportive and kind.

My prayers for your comfort will be added to the list and also for your family.

angel-clipart-free-angel-with-harp.jpg

beebopnjazz

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
PA
Hi Lady's, My husband's father passed away today in Calif, it really is a blessing, he was 92 and suffering but it's coming at a bad time for us, me especially, I have end of the month billing for our business and of course Easter which includes 3 birthday celibrations, but that we can put on hold, the real problum is they don't know when they can have the funeral because of the Easter weekend, we live in Idaho so it will take our family 2 day's getting there and again 2 day's comeing home and the billing is the main concern as thats our livelyhood, I guess what I'm asking is that those of you that believe in prayer, will say a prayer for me to give me peace, I really need that right now. The forum has become such a family and I love you all.

I'm so sorry for your loss. As for the prayers, consider it done.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
My condolences Jean, and peaceful, calming thoughts sent your way. Stop a minute occasionally and just breath.

Here is one of the earlier versions of the Serenity Prayer, and imho the best;
"Father, give us courage to change what must be altered, serenity to accept what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other."

sleepy jean

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Jerome, Idaho, USA
Thanks so much everyone, we're leaving in a few minutes and then I can really relax haha, I did get alot of the billing done ( just post dated it) and our son that can't go to the funeral will send them out, that took bookoo stress off, I'm feeling very much at peace now, thanks so much for you prayers and thought. Your all the greatest.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
My thoughts are with you and your family Sleepy Jean.

StormFinch, I love that version of the serenity prayer.

Isn't that great? Seems like it has sooo much more meaning that way. That was taken from a publication written in the mid 1930s by the man the quote is most often attributed to.

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada
I feel for your loss and the stress of all the events that came together. I'm happy that you have found relief. But in the future when it hits you again, try to dwell on the ending of all the pain and suffering your father inlaw has been released from. When I lose a pet, that is what I do. I think of all the crazy things they did when they were healthy. I try to remember them when the were in their prime. I'm sure your father inlaw has left you many happy memories. I'm sure he would rather you remember him in better circumstanses .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread