I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deflect

Sep 17, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
I'm just getting into making my own liquids, but I'm a bit overwhelmed with the amount of information on this forum. I've looked at it, but I can't find the actual information, if someone can please just simplify the process or maybe link me to the correct topic.

From what I understand there are 4 basic ingredients in e-liquid: propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, nicotine and flavoring.

My question is, where is the best possible place to get each ingredient at the highest quality.

Also, I have a question about the flavoring itself: Is the flavoring always bought from another vendor that only sells flavoring or is there a way to extract or actually make your own authentic flavoring.

Thank you. I want to buy the equipment and ingredients tonight! :)

Chas_L

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2013
Buchanan Ga
IMO simpliest way to start of is to purchase ready to vape ejuice from mount baker Vapor in flavors you want to try. Most are only around $5 for 15ml and to increase the size is very inexpensive.

Next when you find a few flavors you like purchase the same name flavoring from them and either pre-blended PG/VG-Nic from them or purchase these ingredents from aany of the numerious vendors recomended in tese threads. One Stop DIY, WIzard Labs etc..

Download a ejuice calculator, e juice Me Up is highly recomended and learn to use it by playingaround with differnt inputs.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You are correct. The base of a mix consist of PG, VG and a NIC solution. If your going to be starting out and are unsure of yourself start with a premixed base at the NIC level that you desire. There are many venders that sell premixed base.

Next deside what flavors you like (the suggestion given earlier is a good one) and purchase them from a good vender.

Read the stickies at the top of the page and understand the basic rules for mixing. Understand what steeping is and the methods used to steep (Aging).

Always start with the lowest recommended flavor percentages and work your way up. Less is more in the mixing world.

It's not as simple as buy your base and flavors mix and vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread