• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Illustrated Book of Revelation--Wow!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
I found this website, and it's incredible!! This artist has painted pictures of the events of Revelation, and they are awesome!! www.revelationillustrated.com. I can't post any of the images here because of copyright laws, but you can visit the site to see how incredible this lady paints! All I have to say is PRAISE GOD for her gift!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ldiddy857

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
  • Deleted by trukinlady

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I’m generally not a giant fan of biblical illustration as a concept. It’s a way of inserting the artists opinion of what the work means into the work.

illustration in general has the particular effect of imparting information instantly instead of as a stream. The whole “a picture is worth a thousand words” thing. This can sort of blow past a person’s conscious and impart things at a visceral level which is why it’s so useful in advertising.

It’s important to keep in mind that the illustrations are not the work, they’re a single persons opinions about the meaning of the work done as art. A persuasive commentary on the work not the actual scripture.

That said it could be a cool opinion. Revelations is the weirdest and most weakly documented book in the Bible. How allegorical it is and what the allegories even mean have been hotly disagreed about for a very very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread