Status
Not open for further replies.

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
Just noticed these while stalking the site hoping for the add to cart to appear. They come in single and double coil at 1.7ohms. Are these pretty much the same as the clear SC and DC cartos, but in a metal tube instead? Curious because the Clear SC is by far my favorite, but I've been taking them apart and using them in old 510 Mega tubes. Would make it a bit easier on me if they are.

MadHatter

Sic itur ad astra
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2010
Waco, Texas
I started out using IKV gold 510s because they were better than anything I'd tried elsewhere. Then I got some of the IKV Mega LR 510s and they were even better. Then I tried the Clear SC betas and they hit as strong as the Mega LR but with the strong flavor of the Fusions. The past couple months I've been using the newer Clear XLRs and love the hit and flavor, just not a fan of the clear tube, so I put them in Mega LR tubes. The problem isn't that anything isn't good, it's just that Ike keeps making things even better. And even his least good ones still out perform the best I've tried from other places.

Also, the internals on the Clears are set up differently than the Megas. The Clears have a vertical coil located closer to the threading. The Megas have a horizontal coil about half way up the tube.

So for me the ideal carto for my juice/PV set up right now is the 1.6 Clear internals on a slightly shortened Mega tube with the black covering removed. Okay, so I'm a little picky, but at least I'm able to set it up this way for now, lol.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Ah! That's why I used to run dry on the 510 megas more than I thought I should. Because the coil is 1/2 up the tube???

And agreed!! Nothing beats the clear 1.6 SCs for me. If only he would make them in SS for my lava tank!

I still gotta try that pulling a metal tube off of one and putting it on a SC 1.6!!

Hey! I wonder if I can pull an already punched metal tube off of a Boge that's about to die and put it on th 1.6?

I'm going to try it tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread