ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Absolutely, John! It looked pretty much exactly like this >

I had many, but that was my preferred model. :headbang:

906053__83193.1505208327.1280.1280.jpg
Yup that was da one. Gotta be cool now power shift here we go. I remember Ricky nelson coming out of a party in Frisco with a long white robe and hair down to his middle back. You would of thought it was Jesus if he didn't have the beads and the peace sign necklace on.
N4507WD.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yup that was da one. Gotta be cool now power shift here we go. I remember Ricky nelson coming out of a party in Frisco with a long white robe and hair down to his middle back. You would of thought it was Jesus if he didn't have the beads and the peace sign necklace on.
N4507WD.jpg

"Went to a Garden party..."

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Neither was me and Bobby McGee. We were Busted flat in Baton Rouge, waitin' for a train.

That one still resonates through my brain, in its entirety, every single time the thought of it enters my head.

There was a South Park episode along those lines once, where Cartman HAD to sing the entire song, Come Sail Away, every time... :lol:

Too funny. I was a Ricky fan and my cousin (and everybody else) admired Elvis. My cuz and I had a running feud about who was better.

Even after the Garden Party? :D

Poor Ricky never lived that down. We're a tough crowd, humans. ;)

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    That one still resonates through my brain, in its entirety, every single time the thought of it enters my head.

There was a South Park episode along those lines once, where Cartman HAD to sing the entire song, Come Sail Away, every time... :lol:

Even after the Garden Party? :D

Poor Ricky never lived that down. We're a tough crowd, humans. ;)
    Yes, cause I completely understood what Ricky meant in the song.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Yes, cause I completely understood what Ricky meant in the song.

I'm glad to hear that.

I'm a child of the 70s, so I did too. I remember hearing about it when I got a bit older, and thought it was oddly funny. Strange, but humorous.

Of course, I'm one of a rare few of my friends who STILL listens to pop music VERY often. It's the first thing that comes up on my Amazon Music playlist, because it's what's most often on.

I like music (period).

We're ARE a strange creature though, when it comes to familiarity. Like I said, poor guy never lived that down. At least he had a sense of humor about it though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread