shesaquitter.wordpress.com
IkenVape 1.8 ohm LR 901
Good Prophets 510-901 adapter, cranked 3 turns rightward
Empire mods 901 Drip Shield
Darwin, set at 8.5 and 9.7 watts
Silver Bullet with 3.7v AW IMR 18650 battery
KBV b oh Be's OMG, 5mg, 60/40 (VG/PG)

Unboxing (not pictured)
I ordered two and due to their slender circumference they fit neatly in a standard atty box with four 2.5 ohm 801 minis. I could barely tell them apart since the 901 also comes with a whistle tip and because they're made from the same, inscribed, glossy metal as the 801. The IkenVape 901 is quite an elegant beauty. I hate to admit it but, in looks, it beats my 801s. (Looks aren't everything though!)

Break-in
As usual, the break-in for an Isaac atty can be measured in minutes. The bridge was not darkened and there didn't appear to be any primer on it but I blew it out anyway. I couldn't find my bottle of Purge so I primed it with five drops of juice and let it sit until my patience ran out (I don't have much). The first couple vapes weren't that memorable but by the third dripping flavor was at 100%.

First impressions
I'm really disappointed I can't find anything derogatory to say about this atty. I had an illogical bias against it and was prepared to poke fun at the the hole and to describe it as'just an elongated 510' but I guess I'm still on the lookout for something to point at and laugh about. The bridge is smaller than the 801 or 306 bridges and, purely by eyeball measurement, seems to be the same size as the 510 IkenVape bridge. It fits the generic adapter with nary a hitch in its giddy up.

Airflow
Oh good golly, airflow is PHENOMENAL on this baby and makes for an *incredible* draw. It's airy without being too loose or...well, airy. Goldilocks would pronounce it 'just right' on both devices and at any wattage. Maybe that's what the hole is all about.

Flavor
Superb. Better than with a 510 and beats the bridge off a 306 but not as concentrated as with an 801 at this wattage. Dialing up the wattage to 9.7 doesn't diminish the flavor one bit. In fact, the juice is slightly more complex with each successive role of the dial. The chocolate is more predominate on the Silver Bullet and there is little complexity.

Vapor
This is a VG heavy juice so an atty would have to be mighty bad for there to be low vapor production. Vapor on the Silver Bullet comes close to being hot and I'd peg it as warmer than an 801 at 8.5 watts and 9.7 watts on the Darwin. Purely subjective but...there ya go.

Capacity
Either because of the length of the atty housing or the drip shield I can drip four drops and take several hits before re-dripping. That means this LR doesn't feel like a juice hog as some can.

Ease of use
My VapeMate (VM) fits over this 901 as securely as it does a 510 so I get great flavor while driving without resorting to an 801 VM adapter. As genius an invention as that adapter is, sometimes the atty connection is wobbly - not enough to be bothersome, necessarily, but it's there.

Conclusion
Thumbs up to the Atty Genius for another stellar atty! I'm so sold on the 901 the order of my atty allegience instantly changed to: 801, 901, 306, 510. I'll be keeping these in my daily rotation.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
That low...? I'm sorry, I don't understand, Ukeman. I don't pay that much attention to numbers and noted the ones where flavor was good with this juice and atty.

Edit: Der, I get it now. And, yep, same answer applies. I just roll the dial until the juice is the right temp and taste and that's where she landed for this.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
well, maybe vape is just as subjective as juices...
i guess you were a purely LR vaper before HV came out and also "smart" pv's....

Unless I'm wrong, when i used my Darwin, (don't have one now), i would be with a 2.2 Ohm 510 or 306 (2.0) and keep it between 4 and 6watts ...

hey maybe my knowledge of and familiarity of seeing wattage specs is off...but i'd guess 9 or 10w would be along the lines of something higher than what i'd use. I am a heavy vaper, but don't like TH, and prefer a little cooler vape.

If you look at it, 1.5 to 2.0 Ohm is the LR range and they are suggested for 3.7 pv's... you know they say don't use with anything over or they'll pop.

That low...? I'm sorry, I don't understand, Ukeman. I don't pay that much attention to numbers and noted the ones where flavor was good with this juice and atty.

Edit: Der, I get it now. And, yep, same answer applies. I just roll the dial until the juice is the right temp and taste and that's where she landed for this.

Sewknitty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
NY
You know, it's funny you should say that. I also find the lower ranges to, normally, be more satisfying. And, at 5mg, there's no TH to speak of. I usually keep the dial between 6 and 7 but this is a rather subtle flavor so I found myself going up and up to grasp it, so to speak. On the Silver Bullet the chocolate was apparent right away but at the lower ranges on the Darwin I got only a faint hint of something I couldn't put my finger on.

Thanks for making me think about that. Flavor is not only subjective, it can be something to chase.

well, maybe vape is just as subjective as juices...
i guess you were a purely LR vaper before HV came out and also "smart" pv's....

Unless I'm wrong, when i used my Darwin, (don't have one now), i would be with a 2.2 Ohm 510 or 306 (2.0) and keep it between 4 and 6watts ...

hey maybe my knowledge of and familiarity of seeing wattage specs is off...but i'd guess 9 or 10w would be along the lines of something higher than what i'd use. I am a heavy vaper, but don't like TH, and prefer a little cooler vape.

If you look at it, 1.5 to 2.0 Ohm is the LR range and they are suggested for 3.7 pv's... you know they say don't use with anything over or they'll pop.

Jackinkc

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2011
Kansas City
Great Review! I also recently got some atty's from IKENVAPE.

1 IKV Gold Black 510 Cartomizer (Soft-tipped) @ $1.95

2 IKV 510 Cartomizer Gold V2 Drip-Style @ $3.49

1 IKV HV 901 3.5Ω Atomizer @ $7.99

1 IKV HV 3.5Ω 510 Atomizer @ $7.99

2 IKV LR 901 2.0Ω Atomizer @ $7.99

2 IKV LR 510 2.0Ω Atomizer @ $7.99

I have not had the chance to use all of them yet. Although it's tempting not to try them all. I have only used a few Carto's in the past, and I did not like any of them. The Drip Style Carto from IKENVAPE has worked like a charm.

I am currently using the HV510 and it has been perfect so far as well. Like Sew said above, the airflow is perfect. Both on the HV510 and the Carto's.

I had a run of bad luck with another popular atty company recently where my atty's have not lasted very long at all. I am a week strong on this 510 and I don't see any reduced performance. I know that's not a long time, but it beats what I got from my last batch. Anyway, just wanted to add that I have been very impressed with IKENVAPE'S atty's so far, and I think they are going to be my go to for atty's going forward. I just hope that they will be able to keep them in stock....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread