Igo-L and suddenly lowering ohms

Status
Not open for further replies.

cassandraschild

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Springfield VA
So, I'm new to rebuilding. I just got an Igo-L to learn on and it's been awesome so far. My first coil measured out at 2.2 ohms. Not the most pretty, but functional.

So, the issue: Yesterday I woke up and started using my Igo-L and suddenly all of my e-liquids are tasting burnt on the exact same setting on my VV. So I decide to test the Igo's ohms, and suddenly it's reading 1.5 ohms. I use a paperclip and separate the coils a little, and it's back to 2.2 ohms and vaping fine.

I wake up this morning and same thing. I separate them a little again, and back to 2.2 ohms.

I will now test the ohms each time before I use it just in case. Is this normal? The first 3 days I used my Igo-L with this same wrap did not do this.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
You don't want them touching unless it's a microcoil. Make sure wires are properly secured at the posts and that none of the coils are touching or shorting to the base, posts, or top cap. I expect you have one of these issues
Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

You can have the coils touching on either a micro or mini coil. I've wrapped 1/16", 5/64", and 3/32" coils just the same with better performance over non-touching builds.They all vaped better overall.

Yeah this isn't a microcoil. I'm not that good yet. I'll check the screws and make sure they are tight. It's not shorting aware else. But the weird thing is that it's almost as if overnight the coils are starting to touch one another, because when I seperate them a little the ohms raise again.

I was assuming it was a micro, though doesn't have to be. What are you wrapping your coils on prior to putting them on your device? As well, the post screws should be checked daily as they can and will, somehow, work their way loose sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread