• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ideas for threads/stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
If anyone runs into links, info or ideas for stickies or related stuff let me know and I will check it out. thx
We are in it together and want to extend the team atmosphere to everyone involved.

maybe someone with some time and editing skills can pull some banners together. i been tinkering with it but not really my thing....

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Perhaps we should start with the obvious?

The link for "Team ECF (folding@home)" presently goes to the original post by Old Soldier. The info is outdated already ("I haven't decided on the title(s) yet")!

It should probably link to a sticky that has the join info, stats info, and how to request the title, where to request tech support (There's an idea of another thread that should be started).

I know the info is scattered around the thread. It should just be placed where it can be easily updated as things flow along and the link should bring a person to all the necessary start-up info and it would also cut down on some repetitive questions. (We all have a lot of the same questions when we first start).

The title will do a lot of recruiting for the Team, let's just make it easier for the curious to join ASAP.

Just a thought.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Perhaps we should start with the obvious?

The link for "Team ECF (folding@home)" presently goes to the original post by Old Soldier. The info is outdated already ("I haven't decided on the title(s) yet")!

It should probably link to a sticky that has the join info, stats info, and how to request the title, where to request tech support (There's an idea of another thread that should be started).

I know the info is scattered around the thread. It should just be placed where it can be easily updated as things flow along and the link should bring a person to all the necessary start-up info and it would also cut down on some repetitive questions. (We all have a lot of the same questions when we first start).

The title will do a lot of recruiting for the Team, let's just make it easier for the curious to join ASAP.

Just a thought.

Maybe the info thread could be locked so the info doesn't get lost in the questions and answers ? Can threads be added to by the mod after locking?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
we can add to them after locking i think. def when they been sticky'd. soon we will clean all this up and get it organized. it was quit sudden, overnight it went from _yea sure thrasher why not, to a big banner on every page and our own subforum. and holidays are iffy for my type of work so in between working overtime and stuff I/we will do the best we can soon :)

stuff posted by OS can only be changed by him but stuff from me can be changed by both of us.
it should all be coming around by the weekend.

in the meantime like info or start up stuff or whatever if you have an idea start a thread, it can always be edited and sticky'd later.

and im sure OS is a busy guy, maybe someone should send em a PM about the title thing if he doesnt see the suggestion here.

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
we can add to them after locking i think. def when they been sticky'd. soon we will clean all this up and get it organized. it was quit sudden, overnight it went from _yea sure thrasher why not, to a big banner on every page and our own subforum. and holidays are iffy for my type of work so in between working overtime and stuff I/we will do the best we can soon :)

stuff posted by OS can only be changed by him but stuff from me can be changed by both of us.

in the meantime like info or start up stuff or whatever if you have an idea start a thread, it can always be edited and sticky'd later.

and im sure OS is a busy guy, maybe someone should send em a PM about the title thing if he doesnt see the suggestion here.

I'll send OS a PM.

I'm just advising so that 80 people don't PM him.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida

I think that you and Old Soldier and ECF are doing a fantastic job in a relatively short period of time. I just wished I had joined F@H sooner. Can you imagine the work that was involved in getting ECF going and organized?!?!? And is always expanding. I'm in awe. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread