Iclear vs DCT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I use DCT now, used the Protank 2 mini and I kept getting dry/burned hits so I switched to all carto tanks. Now I want to try out the Iclear 30s and wantes to get some opinions. How does it compare to a DCT?

It'd probably help to let you know what batteries I'm using lol... I have the Segeli Zmax mini that I bought last night and my ego Twists.

Thanks all!

Edit: Also would like to know about any other top coil tank that you may recommend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437Z using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrsP0721

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Denton, TX
I mainly wanted to try it because it's so much easier to fill (especially on the go) than a carto and I have my lazy moments when I just don't wanna fool with them lol. I tend to vape too hard on the bottom coiled tanks and always end up with a bad taste (like metal to me). My hubs is just starting to vape and is using a top coiled tank and so far (knock on wood) I haven't noticed the taste. Im interested in trying any good top coil, that's just the one I hear the most about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437Z using Tapatalk

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
There's a pyrex vivi nova topcoil

1448101-2.jpg

Authentic Smoktech Pyrex ViVi Nova Atomizer (3.5mL)2.4ohm / silver

10 reviews, rating: 3.9 out of 5
↓ details & specifications

$9.95

Details:

•Replaceable coil head
•Heating coil resistance: 2.4ohm
•Spring-loaded bottom pin (where it screws into battery)
•Can be dismantled and reassembled for ease of cleaning
•510 threaded connector
•Compatible with eGo batteries and mods with 510 threading

Material Brass + Aluminium + Glass + Plastic(Drip Tip)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't believe you'll find any clearomizer that can compare to a cartotank. Compare the two wicking systems:

A clearomizer depends upon one or two tiny string wicks to bring e-liquid to the heating coil. Those wicks are a very small surface area. A moderate to heavy vaper may find those wicks having a tough time keeping up with them, leading to dry hits or burnt flavor, causing harder draws which in turn can lead to flooding. All around an inconsistant wicking system.

A cartomizer is completely filled with a wicking material, which completely surrounds the heating coil. This represents a much larger surface area bringing juice to the coil. This results in better flavor production, less dry hits/burnt taste, and more consistancy. Using a cartomizer in a cartotank allows one to go much longer between juice refills.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
I don't believe you'll find any clearomizer that can compare to a cartotank. Compare the two wicking systems:

A clearomizer depends upon one or two tiny string wicks to bring e-liquid to the heating coil. Those wicks are a very small surface area. A moderate to heavy vaper may find those wicks having a tough time keeping up with them, leading to dry hits or burnt flavor, causing harder draws which in turn can lead to flooding. All around an inconsistant wicking system.

A cartomizer is completely filled with a wicking material, which completely surrounds the heating coil. This represents a much larger surface area bringing juice to the coil. This results in better flavor production, less dry hits/burnt taste, and more consistancy. Using a cartomizer in a cartotank allows one to go much longer between juice refills.

What wicking material do you use in your cartos, baditude?

I wonder if some people take out the filler and put in their own silica rope?
Because I get the impression the typical carto comes with a synthetic filler material which can be burnt.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
There is already material in the carotmizers so none is needed to be added.

Yes. There is. My question is what is it. It's not silica wick, and it's not cotton.
For people considering using a carto, I think it is a very important consideration. The wicking material certainly affects the taste.

If cartos use some superior wicking material maybe we should be trying some of that stuff for wicking in clearos.

I know the filler stuff from one of the carto systems I started with is not something I'd really rather vape on, in fact it is one of the big reasons I haven't moved toward cartos; the filler material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread