icig gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmea

Apr 16, 2009
USA
I'm new and trying to figure out the best ecig to get. (don't know the language yet!) Has anyone tried the icig gold? I've read good things about the 901 but I liked the "filter" end on the icig. But if no one knows anything about the icig then I will go with the 901.

I hope I can figure out how to use these things. I'm smoking way to much and would really like to cut back at least.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
If what you're referring to is the Smoking Everywhere unit (icig gold), I, personally, would advise you to check out the 901, instead.

If you search the forum, you'll find a plethora of reviews and accounts of the Smoking Everywhere kits.

For me, you're paying too much for a product that doesn't perform up to its pricetag. If it's just up to those two, pick up the 901. They're easier to find parts for, cheaper, and, to my knowledge, steadily get better reviews than any of the Smoking Everywhere items.

When you DO purchase a starter kit, make sure to purchase extra batteries and at least 2 extra atomizers.

Also, don't depend on the factory cartridges to get you through the day. They don't normally taste all that great, and it's cheaper (and tastier) to buy your own liquid and fill your own cartridges.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
That sounds like a really great list to start.

It might not hurt to buy some blank cartridges, as well. You'll want to switch flavors of liquid, and, instead of taking the same ones and cleaning them in order to make a change, you can grab one of your spares and refill them. You don't need a ton, but spares never hurt.

The filler in the carts will eventually wear out, as well, so it's good to have a few packs as backup.

I think 3 batteries will be a good starting point. 2 extra atomizers, as well.

I like to have a buffer of no fewer than 3 or 4 spares. Once I get down to those, I'll order more.

You never know about this technology. Nothing is written in stone.

Some atomizers will last a month or more, and some will crap out on you after a few days. You really never know. View them as disposable products.

With your liquid purchase, I advise you to grab a few small bottles to start. Taste is highly subjective, and you might not like some flavors. I'd hate for you to feel like you had to buy 30 and 50ml bottles, only to find out that the flavor's not for you.

Also, with liquid dosage, please stick to the low-midrange liquids (8mg-16mg). If, after using that, you feel that you need a higher strength, you can always buy it in a higher dosage. One of the real big early detractors to all of this is when people first start, they think they need a really high dosage. They buy 18-36mg, and they usually have problems with nicotine OD (headaches upset stomach, etc.) early on. When you first start, you'll want to do it a lot, thus compounding the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread